Increase Yz125 throttle rotation

Went riding with my nephew and relalized I don’t pin it as often as I need to.  Checked my max rpm after my nephew rode my bike (05yz144) and the motor hit 14,640 rpms.  I didn’t know to be happy or worried.  I normally don’t see anything over 11-12,000 rpms.   I got on it and noticed I was leaving some throttle on the table.  I wondered if anyone has changed their throttle ratio so that you have less twist to WOT.   The trails we ride have been opened up and there is more opportunity to be WOT.  You see a lot of throttle tubes with mutiple cams for thumpers but what about 2t?  Any downsides to consider?  What ratio changes are common or too much?

Bought bike used but have gone thru everything but rear shock.   I replaced throttle tube with a motion pro off amazon and it looked identical to what was replaced.  I assumed it matched stock cam.    I have range of motion in my right wrist and thought less twist than stock would be a betterment.   G2 Ergonomics has a quick turn throttle for 2t but pricey at $130!  They claim to reduce twist by 10%.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 05Yz125ForLife said:

Bought bike used but have gone thru everything but rear shock.   I replaced throttle tube with a motion pro off amazon and it looked identical to what was replaced.  I assumed it matched stock cam.    I have range of motion in my right wrist and thought less twist than stock would be a betterment.   G2 Ergonomics has a quick turn throttle for 2t but pricey at $130!  They claim to reduce twist by 10%.   

That’s about where you need to go then. Or try and find something less pricy. 

• 1 year later...

A very late update - I called Roll on throttle and got an old lady on the phone. She told me her husband had become sick and passed away.   I told her people thought highly of her husbands product.  Life is short never take a day for granted   None of us are guaranteed another morning!

Decided to try a G2 throttle.   Definitely notice the increased rotation.   It was a little pricey-$120  bit a quality product.   I would estimate a 20% reduction in rotation to WOT.   Watch your throttle control in slick conditions!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 05Yz125ForLife said:

A very late update - I called Roll on throttle and got an old lady on the phone. She told me her husband had become sick and passed away.   I told her people thought highly of her husbands product.  Life is short never take a day for granted   None of us are guaranteed another morning!

Decided to try a G2 throttle.   Definitely notice the increased rotation.   It was a little pricey-$120  bit a quality product.   I would estimate a 20% reduction in rotation to WOT.   Watch your throttle control in slick conditions!   

Yes big difference.  My right hand was getting tired from the constant whacking of the throttle on the 125.  Love the quick turn but like you said be careful it ramps up super quick. 

9 hours ago, 05Yz125ForLife said:

I wondered what happened. I've used his throttle tubes on a few of my bikes and they work great