Suzuki CCI Oil Pump

I have been restoring a 71 Suzuki MT50 trailhopper. I have been fighting the CCI oil pump. There is not much info on the internet about them. I now have 2 complete pumps. Initially both would not pump at all using my drill to drive and test. I disassembled and cleaned. Both had pistons that were stuck. I was able to get one to pump a little on the drill and decided to use it. I primed the oil lines but after a few minutes I would see air bubbles in the line coming from the pump. I installed the other pump just to give it a try (I’m not convinced the drill is a good test bed). I primed the lines on the 2nd pump but couldn’t tell if it is pumping. Shut the motor down and when I looked about 20 minutes later there was air in the lines on this pump too. I don’t have leaks on the oil supply lines.

IMG_3472.JPG

Does anyone have any ideas/advice on how to troubleshoot

Thanks

8 hours ago, Rawhide48 said:

I have been restoring a 71 Suzuki MT50 trailhopper. I have been fighting the CCI oil pump. There is not much info on the internet about them. I now have 2 complete pumps. Initially both would not pump at all using my drill to drive and test. I disassembled and cleaned. Both had pistons that were stuck. I was able to get one to pump a little on the drill and decided to use it. I primed the oil lines but after a few minutes I would see air bubbles in the line coming from the pump. I installed the other pump just to give it a try (I’m not convinced the drill is a good test bed). I primed the lines on the 2nd pump but couldn’t tell if it is pumping. Shut the motor down and when I looked about 20 minutes later there was air in the lines on this pump too. I don’t have leaks on the oil supply lines.

IMG_3472.JPG

Does anyone have any ideas/advice on how to troubleshoot

Thanks

Can you put a 'bleeder' on the line going in (I recall on the Kawi Jet Skis some years back had an Air pocket in the lines from the factory) before they could leave you had to use like a Mitivac (drilled a 6mm bolt and would thread it in with an o-ring) all tools made in the shop at the time.

I would make sure it is free flowing with vacuum on that line.

Edited by ar2stroke