2017-2019 500 EXCF ignition relocation

This needs to be a sticky, or whatever you want to call it, for these model years. These parts come from earlier model years and allow you to relocate the ignition so you can more easily get your key into the ignition from the right hand side while sitting on bike. 

KTM part #s:  78111065050. Ignition lock bracket

58411066450.  Ignition lock washer

these parts are about $5 each.

Don't the '17+ have the ignition right behind the front number plate?  Isn't that an easier place to get to than down low on the right side, like it is on the previous bikes?

I have a '16, and while I've gotten used to it, I've often thought that it would be nice to have the key up top behind the number plate...

On my 2018 it’s difficult to get to the ignition and as soon as you add a set of Handguards it’s near impossible. If they changed this to make it easier to get to the key they failed miserably.

Edited by DanHall
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, StevetheSnake said:

... The key doesn’t bother me at all, it’s well protected and out of the way. 😉

This is actually one of the things that I don't like about the position that it's in prior to '17, and if you use the pieces indicated in the original post.   While I've never busted off a key, I have hit that corner on bushes or smalls trees in tight single track, and I'm always worried about busting the key off...

• Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, cadman_ks said:

This is actually one of the things that I don't like about the position that it's in prior to '17, and if you use the pieces indicated in the original post.   While I've never busted off a key, I have hit that corner on bushes or smalls trees in tight single track, and I'm always worried about busting the key off...

Hahaha ask Dan to send you his. 👍

But I agree the one on the side down low looked a little bit prone. 

• Like 1

Steve the snake.  I guess it’s all personal taste. Oh well enjoy the bike. It’s a beast.

8F1924D5-446F-4EA2-AF5C-F47A8468DF8F.jpeg

Edited by DanHall
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DanHall said:

Steve the snake.  I guess it’s all personal taste. Oh well enjoy the bike. It’s a beast.

dude that bike is so purdy , mine look like that for a week .

Highway Dirtbikes makes a clean dash that relocates the key.  Only problem for me is that it doesn’t work with a damper.

Dash_208_00.jpg

Can't picture that not working with a sub mount as the Scott's is on the "90 mm" side of the bar center. Old version below.DSCN1087.JPG.fcda7911fba7646361860f06f230cc63.JPG

I am sure it would work with a sub mount.  My damper is above the bars so I can easily switch it between two bikes.

4 minutes ago, Gflo said:

I am sure it would work with a sub mount.  My damper is above the bars so I can easily switch it between two bikes. 

Good point

23 hours ago, DanHall said:

I don’t usually hijack, but is that a 991 turbo in the background?

997 turbo. Good eye.

Edited by DanHall

well I knew I had to relocate the key on my 18, and was set on an HDB dash kit. Then motominded had to come out with their new mount and now your posting this.. 

first world problems 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:54 PM, DanHall said:

997 turbo. Good eye.

Hows this for good eye......      Somebody put your WP fork leg stickers on backwards~~!

Yes, there is a left and a right.

9 hours ago, Lee1200 said:

Works well.20181007_122457.jpeg

Thats a sweet setup, is the Display Mount required? or can I get away with just the modular dash?

image.png.aab1934b50c93a2dda173718ab84cbae.png