Screenshot 2018-10-20 at 1.09.10 AM.png

Edited by The goat

Small gas tank: check
Heavy: check
Less ground clearance: check
Stupid shrouds: check
Folding-tip brake pedal: check. NOT
Rear disk brake: big deal! NOT

Notice that the engine case has casting for oil lines for an oil cooler.

So where are the oil lines and oil cooler???

:banghead:

Edited by ramz
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Confused 1

5-speed gearbox for greater engine elasticity...

IMG_0158.JPG

Here you go, this hop up kit will make it even better.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Look likes same basic crappy suspension like the stock 230F!

That’s weird hearing as my 230f forks from Bruce work great for the power on my 273 cc.... so does my Hagon and my Works shocks

But then I don’t race it or ride on Moto tracks either so what do I know other than it’s just a girls beginner bike.

My BBR has Titanium Nitride coated Race Tech CR 80r forks with every mod they offer for them and an Ohlins rear shock both set up for MX on the BBR and is certainly not as plush and compliant as my 230f.

That setup costs almost $2000.00 and there performance is a disappointing joke compared to my $100.00 fork dampers for stock forks from Bruce, $175.00 Works shock (used) from E-Bay and my $500.00 Hagon from Bruce (no tax and free shipping)

• Like 1

Where are you even coming up with this information? 

Only thing I can find is that this bike might be produced for the Brazilian market

Honda doesn't show anything for the American market. At least not for the 2019 lineup

On 10/21/2018 at 10:40 AM, Daniel627 said:

Where are you even coming up with this information? 

Only thing I can find is that this bike might be produced for the Brazilian market

Honda doesn't show anything for the American market. At least not for the 2019 lineup

This bike shows up on the California smog testing site as a 2019 CRF250F.  So even though it may not be announced, things are happening that indicate it will be sold in the US as a 2019 model year bike.  Here's the direct link to the PDF showing that it will be a green sticker bike.

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/ofhrv/ofmcatv_comply/2019/honda_ofmc_um0030376_249.pdf

96/04 xr250r 6 sp trans check

New crf250 5 so no check no buy as dated before offered. 2019 with ,1980 5sp

I'm still confused about what all this red tag green tag crap is. I guess it's a California thing.

I don't live anywhere near Cali, so doesn't make a shit to me. :excuseme:

I'd be willing to check out the bike if it shows up. 

As for the 5spd thing, gears 1-5 are typically the same between a 5 or 6spd, 6th just drops the rpms and let's it stretch out with higher top speed. Not really sure if I'm wording my thoughts right. 

But, my bike isn't street legal, and the trails around here, you can't even get up to 4th gear, so I don't really care about 6 speeds. 

The added weight might suck though. Smaller tank, that'd suck too. As for the looks of the bike, if that's how it's gonna come out, I like it! 

If Honda would've continued the XR line and slowly redesigned them to look a little more modern, without the drastic jump to the CRF, they could've done good. 

My problem is, why do all these shit bag designers seem to think that everyone wants to ride an MX style bike on the trails? I don't want to ride a bike that has a small, thin, stiff seat that's not comfortable, especially not after riding several hours. I sit a lot when I'm on the trails, I want something comfy, which is why I like my XR. Honda and Kawasaki had it right with the XR and KDX seats. The kdx seat got a little refined it seems as it went into the 2000's, but still looks comfy. Honda, totally got rid of comfy seats. 

• Like 1

Ca green sticker is money to close riding area. On 5sp. V. 6sp.   Back east guys darting on trail tree to tree. 5sp ok and trucking bike to ride area. Out west and Baja we ride bike on road to riding area. Or in Baja we ride tight trail then dirt road to connect next trail. With 6sp low 1st gear tall 6 gear . Combined with 14/45 or 15/45 gear . The almost stock 230 and strokers are able to have hi speed yet do all hard goat trails. So in this day and age why go back to 1980s. In the late 60s /70s our triumph 750/820 dirt bikes only had 4sp.they where 50hp so 4sp working. With 230 or the new crf250 they need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

6 speeds are great, but if you are buying a 230F/250F for top speed you bought the wrong bike anyway.

1 minute ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

6 speeds are great, but if you are buying a 230F/250F for top speed you bought the wrong bike anyway.

It's not for top speed, it's being able to have a low first gear for technical trails, and then having a relatively low RPM while cruising in 6th gear for those of us that have to ride some longer miles on the highway/fire-roads to connect trails or get back to camp. I don't want to be buzzing at 9k RPM going 55mph, nor do I want to be cruising at 30-40mph for miles at a time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mx4god said:

It's not for top speed, it's being able to have a low first gear for technical trails, and then having a relatively low RPM while cruising in 6th gear for those of us that have to ride some longer miles on the highway/fire-roads to connect trails or get back to camp. I don't want to be buzzing at 9k RPM going 55mph, nor do I want to be cruising at 30-40mph for miles at a time.

Yeah, I get it.  In my thinking if I'm shopping for a small 4 stroke, my main target is slow technical riding (that's just me) so the 5-speed vs 6-speed is not that important for the majority of my riding.  However, if the 230F came with a 6, I can understand the frustration with going back to 5.  This engine seems different than the Twister or Tornado or whatever they say it's from.  This one being 5 speed and 2 valve, makes me believe that it was an engine produced by another manufacturer and sold to Honda.  Otherwise, why not use what they already have from the Brazilian street bike market?

On 26/10/2018 at 14:43, OUTERLIMITS said:

Sim, entendi. Na minha opinião, se estou comprando por um pequeno 4 tempos, meu alvo principal é a equitação técnica lenta (apenas eu), então a velocidade de 5 vs 6 não é tão importante para a maioria das minhas corridas. No entanto, se o 230F veio com um 6, eu posso entender a frustração com voltar a 5. Este motor parece diferente do Twister ou Tornado ou o que eles dizem que é. Este sendo 5 velocidades e 2 válvulas, me faz acreditar que era um motor produzido por outro fabricante e vendido para a  Honda.   Caso contrário, por que não usar o que eles já têm no mercado brasileiro de bicicletas de rua?

This engine is based on the CB250F Twister.

http://www.motonline.com.br/noticia/teste-honda-cb-twister/

the predecessor bike (CBX250 Twister) was DOHC, the new one is SOHC 4 valves. 

• Like 1

Here's a test ride video of the new CRF250F.  Unfortunately it's in Portugese, but Youtub's auto translate captions work okay...