2019 Part Numbers

I am looking for the air boot for a 19 250xc.  Having a little trouble discerning the proper part number.  The part number given to me is 55506026000, which comes up as an air boot for a Husqvarna TC 250, and TX 300, and priced at 112 bucks.  The part number for the 19 250sx is 50406026000 priced at 52 bucks .  The Husky part number was given to me by Tech Elevated for the part they are using, but the KTM part costs half as much.  Hoping someone can confirm/deny they are the same part?  It will be going on my 17 250xc, and as far as I know the sx and xc use the same boot?  For some reason NONE of the fiche's even offer a schematic for the 250xc, 300xc, 250xcw, they only have the sx, and the 250/300tpi?

I picked up a billet smart carb cheap, I have always wanted to try one, and was disappointed with my last Lectron.  I love the Keihin in my bike now, so the SC will have to be pretty impressive to keep it, I am just really eager to try one as I have ran Mikuni, Lectron, and Keihin on this bike so far, the Keihin has been the best by a lot.  According to Tech Elevated I need the xcw intake (had one, gave it away, lol), and the air boot for the 19 models as they fit tight.  The carb is about 4 years old, they are calling it revision F, if that means anything to anyone.

Anyone out there with a SC on a 17 model?  Any tips??  

2 minutes ago, Pesh Merga said:

You want the 19 TC 250 air boot... the price is $110 or so... the other boots are the old style.

Thanks man, so the 19sx boot wasn't updated for KTM?  Interesting as the airboot seems to get tweaked with every frame revision.

Are you running a SC?

I will get one ordered, thanks again for the clarification.  

Sure don't appear to be, not sure why either. Even the parts fiche shows the older style pic. I have the SC AS well, think you'll like it.

Hi poldies4, the air boot for the `19 250sx has bee updated from the 18 and earlier models. It is part no 55506026000. Will it fit what you want - don't know. Our 19 250sx is the first we have had so don't know the difference from the previous models. Now if it had been a 125................................ Bob

Same part number as the Husky??? KTM is selling the same one for 50 dollars less?The 125 is the old style. 

Edited by Pesh Merga

6 minutes ago, 7Tktm said:

Hi poldies4, the air boot for the `19 250sx has bee updated from the 18 and earlier models. It is part no 55506026000. Will it fit what you want - don't know. Our 19 250sx is the first we have had so don't know the difference from the previous models. Now if it had been a 125................................ Bob

Hey Bob, is the boot on the 19 rigid?  Does it look like this?

thanks!

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pesh Merga said:

Sure don't appear to be, not sure why either. Even the parts fiche shows the older style pic. I have the SC AS well, think you'll like it.

Hope so, going from the 38 Keihin to a 36 SC.  I like the idea of external adjustment, pretty excited to try it out. 

Two different part numbers and pictures, the KTM shows the old style. Even early on over at another site, it was said to get the TC boot. We can only go by numbers and pictures... the 19 ktm for shows the same as 18 and 17, same boot that comes on those models. 

Same numbers on multiple sites too. I would find it hard to believe that Tge KTM part is half off, isnt like that for any other part.

I have the 19 TC boot and it is what works and is new.

UK prices for the 2019 250 part no 55506026000 - £49 from both KTM and Husky dealers. I would finder another dealer if they are charging double lol. I just mentioned the 125 as there is very little I don't know about them going back to 2006. 250 open racing is going to be a new venture. Bob.

Why would the KTM  part number be different and priced consistently at all vendors? The 19 TC boot is the same everywhere as well.

13 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

Hope so, going from the 38 Keihin to a 36 SC.  I like the idea of external adjustment, pretty excited to try it out. 

You will love the external adjustment. Hopefully the rod is close. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pesh Merga said:

You will love the external adjustment. Hopefully the rod is close. 

The plan is to send it to Tech Elevated for the initial setup.  It has a Q11 in it now and was set up for a 16 200, hoping it's close after they go through it.  Worth the dough to send it to them?

7 minutes ago, Pesh Merga said:

Why would the KTM  part number be different and priced consistently at all vendors? The 19 TC boot is the same everywhere as well.

This has been what I have found too.  The Husky part is twice as much, but the same # and price pretty much everywhere, the same has been true for the 19 KTM.

1 minute ago, poldies4 said:

The plan is to send it to Tech Elevated for the initial setup.  It has a Q11 in it now and was set up for a 16 200, hoping it's close after they go through it.  Worth the dough to send it to them?

Does it need updates? Rod changing is easy enough, but seeing how it has been used, it may not be a bad idea. Have them rebuild it too. 

2 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

This has been what I have found too.  The Husky part is twice as much, but the same # and price pretty much everywhere, the same has been true for the 19 KTM.

If you order off the 19 SX number, you will get the old style boot. Why the old number and pictures are there I have no clue. Guaranteed that you won't get the true 19 boot for 52 bux. 

• Like 1

I've took a photo on my phone but not sure how to upload it. However, it is different from the one in your photo. It is much straighter at the top and doesn't start to turn upwards to the filter housing until it is behind the frame part. Hope this makes sense. Bob 

• Like 1

Just now, 7Tktm said:

I've took a photo on my phone but not sure how to upload it. However, it is different from the one in your photo. It is much straighter at the top and doesn't start to turn upwards to the filter housing until it is behind the frame part. Hope this makes sense. Bob 

Thanks Bob, that was pretty much the explanation they gave me at tech Elevated too.  I will swing by the KTM dealer and see if they have any on the floor to look at.  As it sits now, I will order the Husky boot as it has been confirmed that it will work.

4 minutes ago, Pesh Merga said:

If you order off the 19 SX number, you will get the old style boot. Why the old number and pictures are there I have no clue. Guaranteed that you won't get the true 19 boot for 52 bux. 

Well you will in the UK . I can only go by UK prices from one KTM dealer and a different Husky dealer - both are the same for the same description and part no and have a note saying it is for 2019 250s. I also checked the fiche for 2019 US spec 2019 250sx models and they too list the new part no. Bob