Riding after topend rebuild

Hey!

Im in the middle of my first topend rebuild. Opened the 2010 250kxf and found that there were original ART piston still in. Was in good shape though, no problem.

Figured out that i insert  anew A piston (Heard Wössner was good, Thoughts?) 

Main question would be that, how do you guys ride the first 5 hours after topend rebuild? Should some adjustment be done to the carburator or just good warming to the bike and straight to the track?

You will get different opinions and methods On break in procedures. I just recently rebuilt the top end on my CRF and here is what I did:

Always let the bike fully warm up. A good indicator is that you can feel the hot rads through your gloves. This is always key!

1) 10 minute easy break in ride. Varying loads and running a gear high. Under 1/2 throttle. Edit: let the bike fully cool down between all of these steps.

2) another 5-10 minute break in, varying loads running a gear high. 1/2-3/4 throttle. Do an oil/filter change.

3) went to the track and ran very easy laps for the first session.

4) let her eat after the first session! Change oil/filter again. Then use your preferred oil/filter change intervals.

Admitting - I am an oem guy for core engine component.  However, I do REALLY like the Wossner piston in the kx250f

For first ride, pretty much what grazio says above.  Take it easy for the first bit just so you can pickup on if anything is running odd, feeling off, sounding right, or being weird.   Once the bike is warm and all such things in sound and feel are good to you ... grip it, wrap it, and rip it.    Whatever you do, always ensure the engine gets a proper warm up before you go wacking the throttle.  Other than the warm up, no need to baby it at all.  If it doesn't pile up on you in the first 5 minutes of the first ride, it is not going to.

Edited by FaceDeAce