To many good bikes to choose from

Been researching new bikes and I am over loaded. They are all good. I have always ridden big 4 strokes. The new KTM 300 xcw with tpi has peaked my interest for a 2 stroke. Bike will be raced in hare scrambles. I will move up to 40+ 'B' class next year so I will be back of the pack. Not really worried about getting much faster its more about fun for me. Racing an 07 KTM 525 xcw now and do pretty good in 'C' class. Love the 525 but I'm ready for a new bike. Looking at YZ450FX, Beta 390-480 race editions, and now the KTM 300. What ever I buy will be new. To bad there is no where to test ride everything.

Edited by big t

On 10/20/2018 at 11:25 AM, big t said:

Been researching new bikes and I am over loaded. They are all good. I have always ridden big 4 strokes. The new KTM 300 xcw with tpi has peaked my interest for a 2 stroke. Bike will be raced in hare scrambles. I will move up to 40+ 'B' class next year so I will be back of the pack. Not really worried about getting much faster its more about fun for me. Racing an 07 KTM 525 xcw now and do pretty good in 'C' class. Love the 525 but I'm ready for a new bike. Looking at YZ450FX, Beta 390-480 race editions, and now the KTM 300. What ever I buy will be new. To bad there is no where to test ride everything.

That 525 is a big bike. I got moved up to the B class years ago and I was racing a XR400. Any new bike your looking at is lighter and will help you out by not wearing you out. I bought a 4 stroke husky after my first year in B with the xr. I'm thinking of going 2 stroke too. Never has one either, but I'm looking at the beta 300rr race edition and doing the boyb ar the dealership.  That way I can get the suspension for my weight and get all the hardware out on before I get it. I would say go sit on them and go with the one that fits best.

If you get any 300 2 stroke that is dialed in, you will instantly do better and have more fun

The light weight, agility, versatile engine, lack of stalling, smile factor, get one!!!

i vote Beta 300 RR.  because I just got one.  hare scramble 40+ C rider here .  I can go fast, but not for 2 hours.  be warned, it can pull your arms off while your smiling ear to ear.

Edited by G-Berm

Really like what I'm reading about the KTM 300 TPI. Thanks for the replies. 

300 all the way. Have had 2 and love them. The power is perfect for any trail/bush riding. All the brands are good and I’m sure the TPI is also solid. Going to be a huge upgrade from that 525. Huge lol. 

I ride a tricked out/ trail ready RMZ450. So I know the heavy four stroke feel. I also ride a tricked out/ohlins suspended RM250 for trails/enduro. I’m a middle of the pack C class rider. If I could buy new I would go KTM or Husky 250 or 300TPI. I’ve heard they’re phenomenal. Or a Beta 250 or 300 rr racing edition.