ONLY 36 HOURS LEFT! Read more... ×

Color different between 2000 DRZ & 2001 RM125? Or, is UFO plastic a different color?

I ordered a fender from Ebay. The seller said it came off a 2001 RM125 and listed it with the Suzuki part number. Sounds good, I thought. Upon getting the fender, I immediately noticed that is was more of a Fluorescent yellow than the yellow on my 2000 DRZ. Then, I noticed that it's an aftermarket fender made by UFO... clearly stamped on the underside. It is not the fender that the sellers provided part number indicated it was. The number the seller listed is for the original genuine Suzuki fender.

My question is: Is UFO plastic a different yellow than that of which came on Suzuki in 2000? Seems I read here or somewhere else that it is common for aftermarket plastics not to match very well and that some were indeed more of a fluorescent yellow than that that came from the factory. Or, is RM yellow different than DRZ yellow...or did Suzuki change their yellow between 2000 and 2001?

Aserbis, UFO, Factory EFX, OEM...all have different colors. They are usually close, but not the same. Even OEM colors varry year to year. If you want everything to match, buy a replacement kit. If you don't like your eBay purchase, return it. 

• Like 1

I ordered a fender from Ebay. The seller said it came off a 2001 RM125 and listed it with the Suzuki part number. Sounds good, I thought. Upon getting the fender, I immediately noticed that is was more of a Fluorescent yellow than the yellow on my 2000 DRZ. Then, I noticed that it's an aftermarket fender made by UFO... clearly stamped on the underside. It is not the fender that the sellers provided part number indicated it was. The number the seller listed is for the original genuine Suzuki fender. My question is: Is UFO plastic a different yellow than that of which came on Suzuki in 2000? Seems I read here or somewhere else that it is common for aftermarket plastics not to match very well and that some were indeed more of a fluorescent yellow than that that came from the factory. Or, is RM yellow different than DRZ yellow...or did Suzuki change their yellow between 2000 and 2001?

Suzuki changed shades of yellow on all bikes. The new yellow is called 01 Yellow or RM Yellow depending on maker. I forget what the old yellow was called. I looked quickly on Dennis Kirk and couldn't find the old yellow. 

Looking at Acerbis plastic the offer Yellow or 01+ Yellow as options.

• Like 2