The Orange War

It depends how much pressure Cairoli can put next year and after. But Herlings actually started to think this season..and with those speeds Cairoli can make some future errors too. 

Edited by deanevo
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, deanevo said:

It depends how much pressure Cairoli can put next year and after. But Herlings actually started to think this season..and with those speeds Cairoli can make some future errors too. 

IMO, it isn't whether they make mistakes, because they will.  At the speeds those two are goin it will come down to who make the least amount of mistakes.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, yzernie said:

IMO, it isn't whether they make mistakes, because they will.  At the speeds those two are goin it will come down to who make the least amount of mistakes.

Of course

Edited by deanevo

Yes, it's about winning, but you also have to ask yourself what would come next.  For him, he's clearly the second fastest guy on the GP circuit and racing is his identity.  He probably doesn't want to retire and announce or do something else related to the motocross world.  While he may not be a threat to a healthy Herlings, we all know anything can happen.

Good for him!

• Like 2

He was close enough to herlings this year to be a threat , with maybe a change in his program he can find improvement,I think herlings bike looks better than AC ,but that maybe the way herlings rides

15 minutes ago, Zinergy said:

Not likely.... AC is naturally smaller than JH. Not saying AC is weak.... he is obviously physically fit but he will never be able to muscle a bike a round like the bigger racers who are also at peak fitness.

Yes we know that. But maybe there is something to gain somewhere by a different approach. His focus is always mainly on technical riding which was enough before.

Edited by deanevo

I would think it's harder to setup a bike for a rider as big as herlings ( Vs AC ) but it seems like the other way around ? AC bike can kick like a mule , I've seen him miss at least 5 corners thus year ,each time herlings passed him easily

21 minutes ago, mog said:

I would think it's harder to setup a bike for a rider as big as herlings ( Vs AC ) but it seems like the other way around ? AC bike can kick like a mule , I've seen him miss at least 5 corners thus year ,each time herlings passed him easily

The suspension of Herlings would be quite soft compared to most other riders.

Edited by deanevo

23 minutes ago, deanevo said:

Yes we know that. But maybe there is something to gain somewhere by a different approach. His focus is always mainly on technical riding which was enough before.

Maybe... but this late in his career I doubt "strength" is the approach to try and take. He's small and getting old... not a good combination for strength.

This is the inevitable to any athlete that stays in almost any sport long enough. Someone younger and faster than you takes your place.

He had the option to go out on top last year. He doesn't want to... that's fine. But be ready for some of the younger guys to find speed and your old ass to lose some. Maybe Herlings will get hurt but you can't count on things like that to be the fastest and even if you do are you really the fastest? Needing other guys to get injured to be on top? If anything it's more likely that as the years click away more 450 riders will begin to challenge AC for podiums than he challenge Herlings for 1st place for 2 more seasons.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1

I thought AC was finished after 16 ,he proved me wrong in 17 ,in 18 I thought he could not step up and go as fast as herlings ,for the most part he did ,every time you think AC can't do something ,he does. Bet against a 9 time champion , not always smart

• Like 1

I for one am Happy he is racing for 2 more years... he's a good rider.

When Hollywood makes a movie about his life I hope Adam Sandler loses 80+ lbs and practices his Italian accent to play the part. LOL.

Edited by Zinergy

I think Prado could stay at 250 one more year and get some use out of it. Kid is fast no doubt but he will only be 18 next season. Keep building that strength and skill for 1 more season and the 450 will work more naturally. Making the switch to 450 when you're 19 is still a very good age. Not to mention KTM has the 450 class locked up at the moment with JH and AC unless someone finds some serious speed in the off season. They move Prado to the 250 class and it's up to Jonas to win the 250 class. While he obviously can he had some hiccups this season.

I thought Jonas was moving to 450? Or did you mean Jonas is the 250 world champ who is moving up?

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 1