After market solenoids any good ?

Has anyone had success or otherwise with after market solenoids or is OEM recommended here ?

1 hour ago, FFMan said:

Has anyone had success or otherwise with after market solenoids or is OEM recommended here ?

Solenoid for what?

7 hours ago, Trailryder42 said:

Solenoid for what?

starter solendoid exc300

Why do you need to replace this?  I've never heard of one going bad on a dirtbike...not that it can't happen.

i get the impression on a ktm this is a weak part, and mine is toast. I can make it click but there is no electrical join between battery and starter when i do so.

If its clicking, its most likely working. I replaced a clicking solenoid on my sons 230f and it still only clicked, it was the battery.

I also just last week thought I had a bad solenoid on my ktm250xc, just clicking, it turned out to be the starter.  I would double check everything, including the battery under load, make sure the volts don't drop off crazy, so you don't waste your $$ and time on a part that is not needed.  

7 hours ago, K4750 said:

If its clicking, its most likely working. I replaced a clicking solenoid on my sons 230f and it still only clicked, it was the battery.

I also just last week thought I had a bad solenoid on my ktm250xc, just clicking, it turned out to be the starter.  I would double check everything, including the battery under load, make sure the volts don't drop off crazy, so you don't waste your $$ and time on a part that is not needed.  

most likely agreed - but not in this case. if I bridge the solenoid with a heavy duty wire they starter turns