Improving Stability on my 15' RMZ 450, Ride Engineering?

Whats up Suzuki guys! I have a 2015 RMZ 450. I really like most things about the bike after only 5 hours on it (bike only has 5 hours on it too, its new) and I have gotten a setting that works well for me in the air fork since I am a heavy guy and these are fairly stiff. However I am having a problem with the bike pitching forward and back in deeper whoops and in braking bumps, and just on rougher stuff or deep sand whoops offroad. I am winwonderingdering if all I have to do is adjust the rear shock a bit, to balance the bike out? All I did was set sag in the rear, but I did adjust the forks to have a higher pressure over standard (190/0/190). I am wondering about the Ride Engineering products that seem to fix these issues? 

How does the Ride Engineering set up actually improve overall stability on a 15-17 RMZ 450? I have heard good things on the reviews, but wanted to check here too. I am willing to spend the $1000 on the new rear Linkage, the Triple Clamps, and well as the Showa Steering Damper, as long as they really make a difference. I have seen some people go as far to say that these products make the Suzuki a different bike, in terms of stability. That sounds good, but is it true. I don't mind giving up a little front end feel, for some higher speed stability either, I'm used to Yamahas lol..

If these Ride Engineering products don't do all that much, I would still have to spend a lot more to get a new bike, and don't wanna waste $ on RE stuff if it doesn't sound like a fix for me. I just can't live with the weight shifting front and rear on the Suzuki in rough stuff. 

Thanks for any help

Edited by Freakazoid

Do you have the correct rear spring for your weight?  Or too little free sag because you are preloaded too much to get the proper race sag?  You can drop the fork in the clamp a couple of mm at a time to increase your stability until you find a height that works for you.  If all springs are correct, you may want to add a little LSCD to the rear shock to keep it from driving though the travel and wallowing.  That can cause the fore/aft pitching you are describing.  The RMZ's are super critical on the balance.  Get it right and you won't want to ride anything else.  Get it wrong and you'll hate the bike.  You don't need the band-aid aftermarket stuff to get it right......

Edited by hoov165x

Get your suspension set up for your weight and ability. That’s the best money you can spend.

14 hours ago, hoov165x said:

Do you have the correct rear spring for your weight?  Or too little free sag because you are preloaded too much to get the proper race sag?  You can drop the fork in the clamp a couple of mm at a time to increase your stability until you find a height that works for you.  If all springs are correct, you may want to add a little LSCD to the rear shock to keep it from driving though the travel and wallowing.  That can cause the fore/aft pitching you are describing.  The RMZ's are super critical on the balance.  Get it right and you won't want to ride anything else.  Get it wrong and you'll hate the bike.  You don't need the band-aid aftermarket stuff to get it right......

Thanks man. I started a thread on Vital MX too, and everyone has said the same thing. I don't need the Ride Engineering stuff, but should use the money to have the suspension tuned for me. 

What is the stock spring weight on the 2015 RMZ 450? I am 225 lbs in gear. 

1 hour ago, Freakazoid said:

Thanks man. I started a thread on Vital MX too, and everyone has said the same thing. I don't need the Ride Engineering stuff, but should use the money to have the suspension tuned for me. 

What is the stock spring weight on the 2015 RMZ 450? I am 225 lbs in gear. 

Take a look at Race Tech spring calculator. The stock spring is waaay to light for you. 

Stock is a 5.8. At 215 without gear C class moto, calls for a 6.3. You’ll have to plug in your specifics to narrow it down. 

I am the same weight as you and ran a 6.4 on my RMZ's as recommended b FC. The bike handled flawlessly. Send it off to your company of choice for a revalve and spring change and you will not be disappointed! Best money you will spend on any bike. 

Edited by BDubb106

9 hours ago, BDubb106 said:

I am the same weight as you and ran a 6.4 on my RMZ's as recommended b FC. The bike handled flawlessly. Send it off to your company of choice for a revalve and spring change and you will not be disappointed! Best money you will spend on any bike. 

After the run around with the X ring on your 2012 and then finding out why some tuners were ditching the X ring, you went the right direction and was more then happy with the work the did. You have to agree not all tuners are on the same playing field. The big players are doing tons of R&D 

• Like 1

After the run around with the X ring on your 2012 and then finding out why some tuners were ditching the X ring, you went the right direction and was more then happy with the work the did. You have to agree not all tuners are on the same playing field. The big players are doing tons of R&D 

I agree 100%. I wasted a lot of money chasing an issue that wasn’t even related to what some of the tuners claimed was my issue. That the difference between someone selling a part vs. someone who wants the consumer to be happy and have the ability and knowledge to set it up without reinventing the wheel.