Youshi RS3 Slip on install issues?

Hey guys,

I tried search first but there is no direct answer for this as far as I can tell. 

I wanted to go riding tomorrow but stupid me I became little too ambitious and installed MCCT then decided to install Yoshi RS3 slip ons while I had the exhaust out. 

Problem 1: I cannot for the life of me install the strap on the back with the supplied 65mm bolt. It is just so short to accommodate the 1/2" thick rubber exhaust insulator/washer.

Problem 2: I cannot get the foot peg allen bolt line up or get the heat shield bolt holes to line up. It is either one or the other. 

Problem 3: Exhaust slip on part where it mates ro the header/down pipe has about 1/16" space all the way around with no gasket provision and no relief cut on the pipe....  

I am a little lost.....

Has anyone went through RS3 slip on install?

Thanks for any help!

IMG_20181020_221938.jpg

The RS3 comes in slip on and full systems. To add to the differences the E and S have different stock headers and mounting locations for the mid pipe mount.
It seems you have the wrong slip on for the application. Where did you buy it and what bike do you have?

I also had to get a longer bolt when I put a RS3 system on my SM. The system I used was meant for an E model. Because of this the mid pipe mounted using 1 of the passenger pegs mount holes which was a pain in the ass.

• Helpful 1

The full rs3 system has a larger mid pipe than the regular drz400s/sm20180901_133737.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

The RS3 comes in slip on and full systems. To add to the differences the E and S have different stock headers and mounting locations for the mid pipe mount.
It seems you have the wrong slip on for the application. Where did you buy it and what bike do you have?

I also had to get a longer bolt when I put a RS3 system on my SM. The system I used was meant for an E model. Because of this the mid pipe mounted using 1 of the passenger pegs mount holes which was a pain in the ass.

I think you are right.  Mine has DRZ400 2000-2004 and DRZ400E the same year. 

Mine is 2003 Drz400s.

I bought mine from an ebay vendor...  

How did you resolve your issue?

I think you are right.  Mine has DRZ400 2000-2004 and DRZ400E the same year. 
Mine is 2003 Drz400s.
I bought mine from an ebay vendor...  
How did you resolve your issue?
I had the full system so it worked. If the seller advertised it as fitting the S then you could file a claim. Or you could buy the header to match.

The mid pipe mount eventually stripped out the threads on the frame. After switching to a pipe that fit properly I repaired the hole with a helicoil.

On 10/21/2018 at 2:06 PM, 74jimbo said:

The full rs3 system has a larger mid pipe than the regular drz400s/sm20180901_133737.jpeg

Are u selling yours by any chance?

12 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I had the full system so it worked. If the seller advertised it as fitting the S then you could file a claim. Or you could buy the header to match.

The mid pipe mount eventually stripped out the threads on the frame. After switching to a pipe that fit properly I repaired the hole with a helicoil.

LOL seller is dead-beat.  Prolly gonna sell it at a loss get me a correct one.  

Anyone have part number for the midpipe by any chance?

Are u selling yours by any chance?
Sorry, I am not.

Measure both OD's then go to a muffler shop, they have pipe expanders.  All you need is a stubby transition.

Seller is asking me to ship it back for refund.  It just happens that it cost 42 dollars to ship it back.  I will have to eat that.

Decided to get FMF Q4 then get the header later. 

You can actually purchase the midpipe separately.  It is $270 from Yoshimura. LOL. 

Edited by mightymikee

If this is something you bought on ebay, you can file a claim with them. Tell ebay that this guy advertised the wrong part.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 74jimbo said:

If this is something you bought on ebay, you can file a claim with them. Tell ebay that this guy advertised the wrong part.

I will try that. Worst case scenario Paypal has reimbursement program that I haven't tried yet.  Thanks!