I've noticed there are numerous cover options for the seat concepts saddles. Such as low slip top , gripper top and vinyl top and all carbon fiber. I would like to upgrade my stock seat. Is there any feed back on which type of covers for the seat concepts saddles any of you have purchased? Also who would you order your seat from? I noticed with Rocky mtn, they only had one type of seat cover on there site. 

Lastly, is the complete seat kit fairly straight forward to install or are there any issues. I'm still planning on staying with the stock fuel tank for the time being...

Thanx.

• Like 1

I have a fairly grippy material on my Seat Concepts seat and have no problem getting my butt slid over to plant my foot when I need to on the trail, yet enjoy the grip for the rest of the riding. (Bought the seat used so don’t have the fabric names)

Install could not be easier: two bolts out on the side of the seat at the rear, slip slap and the new seat is on. 

I bought a new complete seat concepts seat with the gripper top about a year ago. Install is super easy as it’s basically the exact same seat pan as the original seat. I may have transferred one foam piece from the bottom of the original seat pan to the new seat concepts seat.

The gripper top is fine, but it does hold some water. So if it gets wet in the rain or morning dew or whatever, it’s really hard to dry the gripper top with a rag and sitting on it will definitely make your butt get wet.

Thanx for all the feedback guys this TT site is so helpful I really appreciate it. Seeing as how I'm stuck in the desert it seems as though the gripper with vinyl sides is the way to go. Not much rain down here. Who would you order the seat from, directly from seat concepts? Or TT or Rocky Mtn... 

I got the gripper with carbon sides direct from seat concepts, they removed the old foam and cover, cleaned the foam and installed the new ones for free. Awesome people.

so instead of getting the whole seat kit from "seat concepts" I could send in (mail) my dr z400s Suzuki stock seat to them and they would work with the factory seat? That sounds like it might bring the total cost down from anywhere around $275-300 or so … Am I getting the right picture... not sure... but I think I will go with the gripper top and vinyl sides... Am I getting closer. 

I had gripper top with carbon sides which the gripper held my pants but I'd slide. This caused an intensely uncomfortable monkey butt situation. Ultimately I sold it and went back to the stock seat. YMMV