Landed on tailbone

So I made a stupid mistake, looped my bike basically coming off a table top and landed from a decent height right on my upper buttocks/lower back. I was able to get up after a minute and actually ride the bike back to the truck but I began to feel some pretty major pain. My major concern is that basically right at the top of my butt crack it is numb. I am going into the ER later today when my wife can take me but I’m curious if anyone has experienced this numbness? It happened approximately 24 hours ago and it hasn’t improved...

Don't feel like the Loan Stranger there Toronto! Get to the Dr. asap and get some pictures of your innards to see if you FLOCKED UP and how bad.

Sorry to hear about the landing - painful to say the least.  If you broke your butt bone where you described, there isn't much you can do but stay off of it (which is VERY difficult) to let it heal.  You can sit in a cold bath for 10 minutes then a hot bath - this contrast therapy will help heal you up quickly.  Strive to stay away from pain meds except when you go to bed.  You need to be aware of the "true" pain levels so that you don't do additional damage.  Take the pain meds at night will help you sleep good and facilitate recovery.  

Please drop a note here on TT regarding the what the doctor had to say.

-Coach Robb 

Thanks you guys. Went in to the urgent care and got checked out. X rays indicate no fractures (thankfully) and just a very bruised tail bone. I feel a lot better knowing what I’m dealing with at least.

• Like 1