Sad day for a bike owner

Unfortunately this past week I had two dirt bikes stolen from my garage in Lubbock,TX. I have filed a police report but an looking to recover them as fast as possible. One of them was a 2003 Honda CRF450R and the 2nd was a 1999 Kawasaki KLX 300r with Grey powder coating on the majority of the accessories on the bike and a custom head light with carbon fiber shroud. They were last seen in an early 2000s white diesel pick up truck with mud tires. If you guys ever are riding and come across these get the plates of the truck they are in and give the police a ring. It was a sad day seeing that the bikes I’ve put hundreds of hours into had been taken by some dim witted thieves. Thanks

Devin

IMG_9495.JPGIMG_9301.JPG

• Like 1

Some folks say, as a general rule of thumb,  either lock up your dirt bikes in the garage, or keep them partially disassembled. 

Sorry to learn this, hope they're found.

• Like 1

Nothing is safe when crooks are lurking the area. Sorry for your misfortune. Keep a close look on Craigslist and any other sale lists you know of. Evidently someone in the area had an eye on the bike's and your come and go habits? I know it's a pain in the shorts, but now days you have to go to extremes to keep your hard work safe whether it's in the garage or in your house of basement. Move fast on your search, put the Vin#'s out to the local bike shops you may get lucky? I hate it for you.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the vins are reported stolen and shops are required to check in Texas. I though they were safe in my garage but this crooks took a sledge hammer and smashed a 2x2 foot hole through the back of my garage wall.... I’ve been keeping a close eye on Craigslist and been calling all over town.

3 hours ago, customrider said:

Thanks guys, the vins are reported stolen and shops are required to check in Texas. I though they were safe in my garage but this crooks took a sledge hammer and smashed a 2x2 foot hole through the back of my garage wall.... I’ve been keeping a close eye on Craigslist and been calling all over town.

WTF I would be so pissed. I am sorry this happened to you. I also hope those responsible are found and justice is served. 

Oil is booming in that part of the world.  Dirtbags by the thousands have moved into that area.  I'll bet crime in general is way up.  (I'm not saying oil field workers are all dirt bags, my sons all work in the industry, it just attracts a lot of unsavory characters because of the fast money when it is booming.)