which CRF80 mod to ease clutch pull has worked?

My kid can't pull the clutch lever on his 2004 CRF80.  I lubed the cable and his has no obvious kinks.  Has anyone used an aftermarket perch that helped?  Anyone modify the springs with success?  Anything else?  

Thanks!

On my Xr100r I used the hydraulic clutch from eBay. It was the universal 7/8 pit bike hydraulic clutch 900mm. It fit good and the pull is soft. I have the alto red eagle clutch with hd springs. The cylinder needs a small mod to work.

On my Xr100r I used the hydraulic clutch from eBay. It was the universal 7/8 pit bike hydraulic clutch 900mm. It fit good and the pull is soft. I have the alto red eagle clutch with hd springs. The cylinder needs a small mod to work.

IMG_0002.JPG
This is how I set mine up. The pull rod out of the cylinder is longer than the stock cable. I used a 8mm coupler nut and a adjuster out of the handlebar lever. I will try to get a better picture for you.

IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.d23cd6d64d119638a8076a02632ad791.JPG
This is how I set mine up. The pull rod out of the cylinder is longer than the stock cable. I used a 8mm coupler nut and a adjuster out of the handlebar lever. I will try to get a better picture for you.

Thanks!

A CR85 perch and lever works pretty good.  You can extend the lever on the clutch cover, there are plenty of ez-pull clutch perches out there, you can even get an after market clutch cover, or hydraulic clutch.   There are are ton of posts on this subject.

Edited by socalxr