Yoshimura RS2 Header discoloration

Installed the full yoshi RS2 system a few weeks ago along with the 3x3 and jd jet.  Bike runs great, no issues.  Noticed this discoloration on the header today.  The rest of the pipe looks fine. 

Is this normal or something I should be concerned about? Thanks

yoshi.jpg

Edited by sideseal24

The gold color? That's normal. You can clean it / polish it off, but it will come back off, unless you just never start it up again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You will need to keep it cleaned so it does not get corrosion. I would recommend putting some sort of high-temp anti-seize on those exhaust flange nuts as well (if you wanted to remove it later on to clean it). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:
The gold color? That's normal. You can clean it / polish it off, but it will come back off, unless you just never start it up again.

Sorry I should have been more specific. I was referring to that purple spot where the header meets the exhaust port.  I circled it on the picture.

Edited by sideseal24
  • Like 1

It’s because you didn’t clean the oil from your hands off of it. That purple is where it’s burned in to the metal. You can see the obvious finger prints. You should have worn gloves or cleaned the pipe with some rubbing alcohol per the instructions before getting it hot. It won’t hurt anything though to answer your question. 

It’s because you didn’t clean the oil from your hands off of it. That purple is where it’s burned in to the metal. You can see the obvious finger prints. You should have worn gloves or cleaned the pipe with some rubbing alcohol per the instructions before getting it hot. It won’t hurt anything though to answer your question. 

did clean it with alcohol after the install per the instructions. The spot wasn't there for the first week or so of riding which is why it caught my attention. Also you are seeing my finger prints from where I was messing with it just prior to taking the picture.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sideseal24 said:
1 hour ago, Killian665 said:

Read more  

I did clean it with alcohol after the install per the instructions. The spot wasn't there for the first week or so of riding which is why it caught my attention. Also you are seeing my finger prints from where I was messing with it just prior to taking the picture.

You didn’t clean it well enough. That’s the only reason it turns purple randomly because of the oils from your hands. About a week sounds right.

• Like 1

You didn’t clean it well enough. That’s the only reason it turns purple randomly because of the oils from your hands. About a week sounds right.

Well lesson learned. The picture makes it look worse than it is. I was more curious than worried. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Here's what they look like after about 34000 km's.  I got mine second hand with 24000km on it and so far have done about another 10000kms. I don't think you should stress the little things. LOL

IMG_0069.thumb.JPG.4fcdfef6d5389e4c7423f273044d94ed.JPG

• Like 2