Spark plug boot installation question

I'm replacing a torn spark plug boot on my 2017 250 EXC-F and I'm unsure on how the ignition wire is connected. Before purchasing the new boot I thought I would have to thread the wire through the boot but after inspecting the new one I see that the plug "cap" is already installed and there is a small pin recessed inside at the top. Do you simply pull the wire out of the existing boot and plug it in to the new one? I want to be sure before I go ripping out any wires. Thanks.

Just replaced mine but on a 2013 350. Turn the cap counter clockwise several times then gently pull it out. I ripped mine out thinking it had a fitting/connector. I had to trim the wire because I broke a few strands. Thankfully I had enough leftover wire that it could still reach.  To get the new one on simply insert the wire and turn it clockwise a few rotations  to tighten. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan Miles said:

Just replaced mine but on a 2013 350. Turn the cap counter clockwise several times then gently pull it out. I ripped mine out thinking it had a fitting/connector. I had to trim the wire because I broke a few strands. Thankfully I had enough leftover wire that it could still reach.  To get the new one on simply insert the wire and turn it clockwise a few rotations  to tighten. 

ah-ha, thanks so much. I thought the recessed pin looked threaded but I wasn't sure, hard to see. You most likely saved me from the same outcome as yours.