Cheapest xtrainer pipe guard option

I’m looking for a guard for the xtrainer and the only purpose I want it to serve is to block the heat from the right leg. 

Surely there is a cheaper option than the P3 carbon guard?

7 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Check my classified ad for a carbon fiber guard - only fits Beta RR OEM pipe by KTM however (I think). Pay postage and it's yours.

I need it to fix xtrainer stock pipe 

I've never seen an expansion pipe guard with rear coverage to protect the rider from heat.  Only front and bottom protection from terrain impact and abrasion.

I couldn't find a good photo showing my leg position on my Xtrainer from pipe side, but it's similar to my friend Rich in the photo below.  And this aggressive position with the rear brake uncovered is probably as close as he gets to his pipe.  The footpegs are significantly rearward of the pipe.

20171110.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MixinGasKickinAss said:

I need it to fix xtrainer stock pipe 

That’s not happening. Way different pipe as you know. Coincidentally, the xt pipe is superb on 300rr for trail riding. 

If you want really cheap, insulate your right leg under your riding gear, or wear knee guards or braces. Guards will insulate your leg better. Rather than insulating the bike exhaust. Just another way to skin the cat:)

• Like 1