Power gremlins

I own a 2014 XR650L with 6573 miles. Replaced the battery back in January. Bike has ran perfect till about a week ago. Went to start it to drive home from work, it was dead. No headlights, signals, gauge lights, nothing. After rolling off I drove it approximately 20 miles home. Tried to start it at the house, dead. So, I pulled the battery and put it on the charger. It was dead. Let her charge on slow trickle overnight and the next day she was setting at around 13.3 Volts. Reinstalled battery, turned key to on, nothing. Now, about 2 months ago I installed an aftermarket set of LED European style driving lights to help with the sad headlight. I wired them straight thru to the hot side of the battery as recommended by manufacturer. Now, here’s the odd part. When I leave the key in the off position, the driving lights I installed works perfect. Turn the key to start/on position, the lights shut off. Is this a key switch issue. Grounding issue? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe a weak battery.............. after they get shorted or go down cheap batteries are done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

try a GOOD OEM or BETTER brand................. and check the wiring for being shorted since any mods were done.

I’m not sure of the voltage when I arrived home. I just took it to the bench and put it on the charger. It showed low voltage. My bad for not checking voltage with a meter before I put the charger to it. Other forums mentioned key switch issues with the XR650L. Idk if that’s feasible or not. Guess it could be. Kill switch issue?

electrical is one thing at a time and the simplest first.......

I had a brand new master "what ever" battery that would not hold a charge......................... OEM at minimal anymore