Jagger Sam

2019 YZ 250F Electric Start Issues

Hello, I recently picked up a 2019 YZ 250f. And when I first get to the track and the bike is cold the electric start will start right up. But once the bike is hot it will take 4+ pushes to get the bike started. Has this been happening to anyone else? I am thinking it may be that the valves are too tight but figured i'd check around first.

Can you provide some more info please?  How many hours on the bike? Are you running any fuel products in your gas? Are you twisting the throttle while pressing start? No throttle on start works for me. Does it's always happen this way or intermittently? Neutral or in gear with clutch in? These would be all the topics I would touch before adjusting idle screw, then deeper.

Is the idle adjusted right? For mine, if i give it gas while trying to start it won’t start so I had to turn the idle up a bit so it starts on it’s own.
When it’s cold, be sure to use the choke and let it hi idle warm up for a few min.
Good luck! Give more info and will try to help!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, Brody Shadle said:

I just bought a ‘19 yz250f does the choke on it or whatever it’s called state pulled out or in?

In is choke on. Opposite of last generation. I also had to adjust my idle up from dealer new.

The manual states for cold (59* or lower), push/hold the cold start button in, once the engine starts running, hold the throttle open at 3-5k rpm for one or two minutes until warm. Then close the throttle. Allowing the bike to idle off start seems to be a common fouled plug issue.

Warm engine states: If the engine fails to start, hold WOT and push the start button for a "few seconds" and allow the engine to clear the rich air-fuel mixture retained in it. 

Also the tuning will change how the bike starts and runs. I loaded a map into my WR that did that hard restart issue.
I loaded some other maps for the ECU and the hard restart went away. 

Play around with some engine mappings it may help and is fun to tune your bike when you figure out what it is doing .