Bike Kicking to Right

There is this one particular table top at my track that is at the bottom of a downward slope but the jump face is angled slightly to the right. So your bike has to be turning very slightly as you leave the face. Every time my bike kicks to the right a little bit. I haven’t cleared the table top yet even tho I know I can, but I just can’t bring myself to get the necessary speed to clear it because of the kick it gives me every time. Any tips on how to approach the face to make this not happen? Riding a new 2019 yz250f all stock. I’ve made the suspension a couple clicks softer on front and one click on rear as it felt a little stiff for me (I’m 155lbs). I doubt it’s my suspension due to the fact it really seems to only happen on this one jump that angles slightly right as you take off.

Thanks guys.

It’s very possible you’re applying power as you leave the lip while leaned to the right as you’re turning up the face. This can drive your rear tire the direction of the lean. You might try less, or no throttle as you’re launching. Press the right peg to help hold the bike’s lean angle as you get airborne, sort of like a whip to be straightened out for landing. I have a similar jump, and those things help me with it. Good luck, and take it slow.

Maintain or increase your lean as you go off the lip. If you go from leaned to strait up and down on the lip the bike kicks the direction you were originally leaning

Thanks. I tried both of these techniques on the jump and I still couldn’t ever get straight flight. Maybe it’s just the lip structure doing it and only way to overcome it is by whipping into submission.

Is there any type of rut or dished out area, where you are taking off from the jump?  If so, you have to stay leaned over as you take off from the jump.  If you stand the bike up, from the way you were leaning, as you take off, it will swap. 

Image41.jpg

• Like 1