Motoz Tractionator I/T Enduro, thoughts/experiences? I'm considering it now

I'm almost through my second Pirelli Scorpion Pro and as a 90/10 tire, it has been great in both off and on road and lasts a decent amount of time as I have almost 3,200 miles and had changed out the OEM Michelin just before 1,000 miles.  

The Scorpion Pro has been ranked a #1 dirt dual sport tire and it is why I have been running it but lately, I have realized that a slight bias towards street would be ok and maybe even a bit better off-road at times and the Motoz Tractionator I/T Enduro, being a 75/25 looks great and with it being touted as long-lasting, is what I like.  

I had been seeing all the posts about Motoz and then Goldentyre and some other brands that I had never heard of until very recently having been out of dirtbikes until 02/22/2017 when I got the Beta.  

First I’ll say I’ve run 3 sets of the Scorpion Pro’s a few years past, and honestly I’ll never spend my money there again. That rating you speak of is not embraced by all that have run them.

But moving on to the MotoZ IT’s I like ‘em, 3 sets so far on my DS rims they respond well with higher pressures, they work well in the mud, consistent in the dry and I trust their front much better than the Scorpion. Will they last like the Pro’s? I think so. Though if blazing a lot on the asphalt I might think about running a MotoZ H/T on the rear with an I/T on the front.

I’m kinda a MotoZ fan as I’m running their Extreme Hybrid on my dirt rims, but with Tubliss tubes.

The I/T and their H/T are very nice DS tires, they last a long time and you can trust their fronts with tubes in the 13-16 lbs. same with the rears......

MotoZ IMHO make competent tires. The subject of dual sport rubber is always in interesting one...Enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

I've been running one on the rear of my WR250R dual-sport bike and have been very happy with it.  

Dual-sport bikes are compromise bikes by definition and tires are no exception. With the Dunlop D606 I was running previously the tread life was phenomenal for a knobby, but traction suffered due to the stiff carcass and tread, even with Tubliss at 5 psi.  The Tractionator I/T Enduro has much softer carcass and tread, which respond much better to Tubliss and create noticeably more traction at any pressure. For the few miles I ride on hardpack dirt or pavement I do notice more noise from the Tractionator though.  It's obviously wearing faster than the D606, but it seems to be at a reasonable rate expected for the rocky terrain I ride.  I'll definitely spoon another one on when this one is done.

20180416.jpg

20180311.jpg

Edited by wwguy
  • Helpful 1

Thanks for the input guys.  I appreciate it.  

I have realized that it will be nice to try a new tire and the Tractionator I/T Enduro seems like it will be the best one so I'll get a 140 rear and see how it works.  

I'll be putting the Camso DTS 129 snowbike kit back on the bike in another month or so so once the rear wheel is off, I'll put a new tire on so it will be ready for the spring when all the snow goes away sometime in March/April.  

I spent a good hour, and 20 miles, trying to spin-up my rear tire tonight on the nice and loose dirt road I got to ride just a little while ago.  I will be replacing the rear tire with a new one, probably the Tractionator I/T Enduro.  It will be fun trying a new tire.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I spent a good hour, and 20 miles, trying to spin-up my rear tire tonight on the nice and loose dirt road I got to ride just a little while ago.  I will be replacing the rear tire with a new one, probably the Tractionator I/T Enduro.  It will be fun trying a new tire.  

Those are good. I want to try the HT though in back for my 525. 

AE1DD9ED-ACC6-45D8-BD9F-BE495F461148.png

• Like 1

I have run the Motoz Tractionator IT and ST as fronts on both my FE 501 and FE 250 Husqvarnas. They have been great. Consistant traction on a variety of surfaces. They last 2500-3000 miles depending on how much pavement they see. Great on wet roots and mud too. No flats. These are a nice compliment to the Motoz Mountain Hybrid  rear. Some complain that these are heavy tires, and they are, but what you get is sturdyness and limited run flat protection..this is important for me as I am often riding solo out there.

• Like 2

I ran a MotoZ Tractionator enduro I/T for a while on the front of my CRF250X.  (size 80/100-21)

Simply chose it as the center knob pattern looked beefy for the rocky terrain and numerous connecting roads I travel (gravel and pavement).

Price was decent versus more popular name brands. That Canadian vendor now seems to have dropped all MotoZ's from it's inventory.

A few remarks:

-very noisy on pavement, perhaps more of a consideration for dual-sports

-the second row of knobs are angled out quite a bit versus most other front tire knob patterns,

meaning they only start grabbing after the bike has already leaned over quite far.

I experienced a few too many near front wheel washouts when hitting loose stuff over a hard base, even at moderate lean angles and speeds.

With plenty of tread left I switched it out for an unused MX tire (new) I had laying around the workshop. (date code 2013)

Although this Michelin MH3 motocross tire (previous generation Starcross 3, mid-hard) is out of it's intended elements in rocks and on the road,

the front end is way more predictable and wear is actually very decent.

Maybe an option if a DOT tire is required but IMO there are better tires out there than the MotoZ I/T front for off-roading.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

The Tractionator Desert HT is a good tire.  Holds up well on the back of a 250 two stroke on hard terrain.  Lasts longer than anything else I've tried.  Hooks up fairly well everywhere but works best on intermediate soil and hard pack.  Sticks like velcro on wet intermediate and hard pack.

• Like 3

I got the old, worn Pirelli Pro DOT off the rear and with the help of the most incredible Baja no-pinch 1001 bead-pusher tool, got the new tire on with ease.  I can't say enough good things about that $100 tool.  Between there being absolutely NO chance of pinching the tube, it pushed both the inner bead and then the outer bead right onto the rim like it was nothing.  What took me a few minutes usually takes me a lot longer with a LOT of effort.  

The tire is only a few mm narrower than the 140/80 as I could not find a 140/80 in the I/T enduro rear but I know I'll be happy with the 130/90.  I also like that it has more lugs than the more wide-open Pirelli Pro DOT.  I've only gone for a ride around the streets so far.  I'm going to have to find the time to take it out on the dirt, maybe later this afternoon.  

P1140371.JPG

P1140372.JPG

P1140373.JPG

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 1

At least on the road, secondary city streets, up to 50 mph, the new rear tire is great.  It rolls smoother than the Pirelli did as there are more, bigger and just a bit more closely spaced-together knobs.  I like it on the street so far and I'll be betting that in the woods, in all the places I ride, that it will do well.  

I'm heading up north to ride again this upcoming weekend and will spend at least an hour on Saturday night riding the dirt roads and then the hayfield with the family on Sunday but that will still not be a great test of how well the tire works but still, new is new.  

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 7:54 AM, Ben500RR-S said:

I got the old, worn Pirelli Pro DOT off the rear and with the help of the most incredible Baja no-pinch 1001 bead-pusher tool, got the new tire on with ease.  I can't say enough good things about that $100 tool.  Between there being absolutely NO chance of pinching the tube, it pushed both the inner bead and then the outer bead right onto the rim like it was nothing.  What took me a few minutes usually takes me a lot longer with a LOT of effort.  

The tire is only a few mm narrower than the 140/80 as I could not find a 140/80 in the I/T enduro rear but I know I'll be happy with the 130/90.  I also like that it has more lugs than the more wide-open Pirelli Pro DOT.  I've only gone for a ride around the streets so far.  I'm going to have to find the time to take it out on the dirt, maybe later this afternoon.  

P1140371.JPG

P1140372.JPG

P1140373.JPG

I saw this tool and just never got it. Looks good and it’s small. There’s a bunch of tire tools these days. Thanks for your review. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

That video is why I bought the Baja No Pinch 1001.  It works exactly like it does in the video and it made putting on a somewhat notoriously tight/stiff sidewalled tire, easy.  Too easy.  It was great and now I look forward to doing it again-ha!  It is now the getting the tire off that is hard.  

I had the tire on hard/frozen dirt roads, about 50 miles worth between Saturday night and Sunday afternoon and the tire was great. I have not had it in any sort of challenging terrain yet but I know that ti is going to be awesome.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@hawaiidirtrider

The HT is the best tire hands down Ive ever ridden on in rocky/rooty/hard pack.  Even at 12psi it just sticks to everything.  Its silly heavy though so on a 2T this may turn out to be an issue.  Was fantastic on my 525.

In sand....its not worth a $h*t!  Just digs a hole to the other side of the earth...The scoop center treads are not wide enough to act like a paddle so it just cuts a rut.

In red clay it was very good.

Mud is "meh" but its not a softy tire.

It sticks to rock like a trials tire....

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1