Jump to content

Looking for a second bike.

Recommended Posts

Hi guys I have a 2001 cr125. I really love the bike but I'm looking for a new toy. I'd like to have a nice trail bike to just ride around with my friends. Mostly fire roads. I'm 19 and weigh 175 pounds.

I'm pretty new to dirt. This is my first year. I'm trying to keep it under $2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KTM 200, GasGas 200 or GasGas 250. If u like the 2 stroke feel, you won’t like a slow, heavy 4 stroke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong with the cr125? Is it cause it's old? Or are you trying to upgrade? We need little more info on why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What's wrong with the cr125? Is it cause it's old? Or are you trying to upgrade? We need little more info on why.
It's a great bike but a little high strung for single track. And yes it's old but I love it, im thinking an xr I've heard those are bullet proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stick with Honda. Xr400. Find good used one. Bulletproof.
It's so hard to find decent bike around me. And when I do its pretty pricey for what I think worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XR is such a pig when you're used to that featherweight CR. But they are nearly indestructible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree that XR is going to feel huge and heavy. They are super reliable and still fun but really not a great trail bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nobade said:

XR is such a pig when you're used to that featherweight CR. But they are nearly indestructible.

Not a trail bike? ISDE runnerup 1997 xr400?? Not a trail bike??

218C84CE-32BB-4176-AB75-99A51BCB31A4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YZ250. Pre-2006 might be close to your price range, depending on your location. Valve the suspension and you get an excellent fire road bike, and a pretty damn good general trail bike. Tons of spare parts available at good prices. Fantastic engine. Retard timing 2 degrees and get low end trail power, great lugability, and huge ovrrrev. 46 hp of fun. All that in a 216 pound package. 

Edited by LSHD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LSHD said:

YZ250. Pre-2006 might be close to your price range, depending on your location. Valve the suspension and you get an excellent fire road bike, and a pretty damn good general trail bike. Tons of spare parts available at good prices. Fantastic engine. Retard timing 2 degrees and get low end trail power, great lugability, and huge ovrrrev. 46 hp of fun. All that in a 216 pound package. 

Might as well ride his cr125 with steahly fly wheel. Save the $$$. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prairieboy43 said:

Might as well ride his cr125 with steahly fly wheel. Save the $$$. 

Somehow keeping his one bike seems to ignore the entire point of his thread. 

And the 250 is a totally different animal than the 125. 🙂

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LSHD said:

Somehow keeping his one bike seems to ignore the entire point of his thread. 

And the 250 is a totally different animal than the 125. 🙂

Honda XR400 is a totally different animal than 125 or 250. 

1494CF37-E4BA-4FE4-8BBF-04883DA10726.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Prairieboy43 said:

Sounds like Hanson is Honda Guy. Xr400....... Yamaha are good. Honda’s are Better. 💪🏁

:rolleyes::banana::lol:

Just kidding. Hondas are great. But you can pick up a very good YZ250 for his budget and get parts for it really easily. Plus the suspension is better. And 46 hp 2 strokes are more fun to me. But there are a lot of great bikes out there and to each his own. XRs are definitely tractors!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LSHD said:

:rolleyes::banana::lol:

Just kidding. Hondas are great. But you can pick up a very good YZ250 for his budget and get parts for it really easily. Plus the suspension is better. And 46 hp 2 strokes are more fun to me. But there are a lot of great bikes out there and to each his own. XRs are definitely tractors!

 

LSHD are you the South Carolina native one who won the $ 1.5 Billion. Might as well order complete Yz lineup. Quads also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×