KTM 200 XC-W new shock question

I have an 07 200xcw that is currently on the stock WP 72-250 spring. I also have a WR250F that I’ve had resprung and revalved per racetech guide.

Looking up my shock at racetech, they recommend the SRSP 6326P25 which is listed as a 63x260. It’s my understanding that these values represent the initial weight for the first inch of deflection, and the last inch of deflection. If this is the case, the racetech spring would appear to be initially softer, and eventually stiffer. First question: is my assumption correct?

I ask because this spring is super spongy on me. Nowhere near as stiff as my WR, and I feel pretty uncomfortable on it as-is at speed. Will the new spring really make that much of a difference?

I haven’t adjusted anything suspension wise yet (not even preload) so I understand how that can help, but I’m trying to figure out if the new spring is really that much different to where it will make it a better starting point.

I think the Racetech spring is the rate for the first inch and the length.

your on the fence sort of...   stock is a 7.2 and .42 nm in the front.

If your fast and ride smooth trails, sandy lomey i would go up to 7.6 and a .44 in the front.

If you are riding slower rocky rooty technical or extreme then stay stock.

your on the fence sort of...   stock is a 7.2 and .42 nm in the front.
If your fast and ride smooth trails, sandy lomey i would go up to 7.6 and a .44 in the front.
If you are riding slower rocky rooty technical or extreme then stay stock.

I ride mostly single/double track with roots/rocks, however I’ve ridden on stock as-is and it’s very soft compared to my WR.. softer than the WR was stock iirc.

Based on how the WR feels now with new suspension, I’d love to match that feel on the ktm.

Could it be that a professional revalving would possibly do the trick? I was going to take this opportunity to do springs front/rear on my own but I don’t think I’m up for valve work just yet. I just don’t want to pay $$$ for a racetech setup that still feels soft.

I think im wrong about the fork spring.. i think stock is .40 nm.

All of us want WP suspension to feel like KYB.

That bike was valved very soft from WP, if you are 190 w/o gear go 7.6 rear and .44 in front.

A good one to call is CSR 800 795 1586  they know there stuff and offer a ( SEMI ) progressive rear spring  like 7.6 to 8.6, the Race Tech spring has to much progression.