Lower shock collars

Agreed collar as shown. There is a straight collar that rides inside the bearing, and the 17’s hold the seal. 

Next question will be seals. The lip face out, not in. It’s to prevent dirt from getting in, not grease getting out. 

Carry on 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

Agreed collar as shown. There is a straight collar that rides inside the bearing, and the 17’s hold the seal. 

Next question will be seals. The lip face out, not in. It’s to prevent dirt from getting in, not grease getting out. 

Carry on 

Well I'm glad I asked because whoever was the last one or previous one since I had two people do my suspension they put them in wrong the smaller diameters were sitting inside the shock body. Thank you to everybody now I know to reverse them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

Just get a kit. Or PM your address, I probably have a full lower kit from a link kit I didn’t use since Enzo rebuilds my shocks, and installs new. So when I do a link kit, I have spare. 

Just a thought. 

Thanks but I highly doubt u would want to ship to Alaska lol. But thanks anyway I have all the new stuff coming in from Connecticut next Tuesday.  Do you like Enzo more than racetech?

• Haha 1

Just now, Yamalube317 said:

Thanks but I highly doubt u would want to ship to Alaska lol. But thanks anyway I have all the new stuff coming in from Connecticut next Tuesday.  Do you like Enzo more than racetech?

I get dealer at Enzo, and they are only 20 miles from my house in CA. I used RG3 for a while but they got stupid on me and took 3 weeks before I called them to let me know the body was bad on a shock I had them rebuild. Really, I had to call them and ask where my shock was? Bye, bye!!! Don’t need that crap!!

i use RaceTech for springs. Can find new on EBay for pretty good price. 

26 minutes ago, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

I get dealer at Enzo, and they are only 20 miles from my house in CA. I used RG3 for a while but they got stupid on me and took 3 weeks before I called them to let me know the body was bad on a shock I had them rebuild. Really, I had to call them and ask where my shock was? Bye, bye!!! Don’t need that crap!!

i use RaceTech for springs. Can find new on EBay for pretty good price. 

You must have special powers!

When I call Enzo on the phone they act like they are doing me a favor just talking to me on the phone. I cant imagine spending money there with that type of attitude.

(maybe its me)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GCannon said:

You must have special powers!

When I call Enzo on the phone they act like they are doing me a favor just talking to me on the phone. I cant imagine spending money there with that type of attitude.

(maybe its me)

Haha, that’s about my take on RG3.

I’ve been in and out of Enzo for 8+ years.

Even when I started doing all my forks and only gave them my shock business they gave me a stack of sticker protectors for my forks. 

I had the exact same question a while ago and made a thread about it. Been told to put it reverse, it was reverse when I took it out and I put it back in reverse. To me that's what made the most sense because if put like the manual then the collar touches both the inner and outside race of the bearing. Made no sense I tought it would just be scraping along the bearing. Anyway I put it in reverse and don't yet have issues, suspension works and feels good. So confused about this.

Oh and btw I ordered an all balls kit and the fitment on that was pretty bad. Even with the bearing frozen and the shock heated it was a pain to put in, mostly upper bearing. OEM from now on.

I remember Samuel's post on the subject as I participated in it.

Purchased brand new, my 2010 YZ125 came with those collars inverted from what the parts diagram shows in the first post.

I'll have a look at that next time I'm in the shop but pretty sure as Samuel suggested

the collars will scrape the outside of the bearing when installed as pictured.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

See I'm not the only one that says it doesn't make sense!!  Can anyone take a picture of theirs and post it?  I want to see what it looks like as the diagram shows. Thanks. By the way I'm not trying to a pain I just can't see how this would work. 

Come to think about it when I first purchased this bike and I took the shock out those collars were opposite of the picture. I remember it clear as day now reverse those collars and they sit inside with the smaller diameter inside towards the bearing that's how I first disassembled the bike.

• Like 1

Just let me put this to rest. First 3 photo, OEM from the factory on a shock. 

DA2A9CA9-43E8-482D-A23C-ED3E23752C47.thumb.jpeg.fdb82a6f364170dc787c325c3def1844.jpeg

C5AEE4EA-C638-4261-AB36-8A3DBE019942.thumb.jpeg.335ce8f4f5f59907e14be6595739761a.jpeg

1D56D496-B1DE-4920-8FD3-8485ADF96D47.thumb.jpeg.779792b4d27046748f041ee4b0cc7d02.jpeg

any other way is wrong PERIOD!  Why, because look at this:

680727BF-F0B1-4D8D-AB4F-27CD1DA4FC39.thumb.jpeg.3550115a97a3538da4ab8a113e90e994.jpeg

That /\ is incorrect! 

Why would I have two shocks that came back from Enzo (let’s just say a great suspension shop) put them in wrong. 04A7A585-89EE-4800-A029-F6B09A020EA6.jpeg.8b18b8e109ea0ce246b1e4e215ed3903.jpeg

If you want to put them in wrong do this \/

680727BF-F0B1-4D8D-AB4F-27CD1DA4FC39.thumb.jpeg.3550115a97a3538da4ab8a113e90e994.jpeg

If you want to put them in correct, do this \/

DA2A9CA9-43E8-482D-A23C-ED3E23752C47.thumb.jpeg.fdb82a6f364170dc787c325c3def1844.jpeg

Carry on! 

I take PayPal! 

The face of the spacers needs to be faced inward to control axial movement of the bearing. The needle roller style bearing has nothing else stopping the shock moving sideways and rubbing the dog bone link.

If you put the wide face outwards the shock will slip sideways until the outer race pushes the seal against the spacer and damages it. Then you're no longer sealing anything.

• Like 1