Thinking about buying a 2017 crf450rx.

I just read a thread on the cracked frame issue. Is this something to be concerned about? Will be purchasing in the next day or two. But having second thoughts due to this issue. Anyone else have this problem? That’s the last thing I want in the back of my mind when riding.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

cracked frame issue was probably my thread... really sucked but Honda took care of it very quickly. If you search you will find others that had the same issue. I don't know what to say other than I still love the bike and I ride and see others with the same year and they've had zero issues.

Maybe not a great help for you; but I love the bike and plan on keepin her for a while.

cracked frame issue was probably my thread... really sucked but Honda took care of it very quickly. If you search you will find others that had the same issue. I don't know what to say other than I still love the bike and I ride and see others with the same year and they've had zero issues.
Maybe not a great help for you; but I love the bike and plan on keepin her for a while.

Thanks for the info. I would be buying used so no warranty. It would be a major bummer. I decided to hold off and wait for the reviews on the 2019 crf450x. I’m going to mainly be riding mountain jeep trails And occasional desert. I have a nice xr650l with a plate to hold me over until I make a final decision. Just wondering if the 2019 crfrx frame was changed due to the issue you had. Just not sure I’m willing to take the risk

yeah I understand completely, I was in disbelief when it happened. Luckily I didn't crash when it happened either. I do believe they changed the frame for 19, but I'm not 100% sure on that... or if they changed how the pull rods connect to the frame. Good luck.

• Like 1

I have almost 80 hard hours on my RX and no issues and no cracked frame. I have had the suspension revalved/resprung and had the mapping changed all done by ASRacing. It has been a great bike so far.

• Like 2

Is there a big difference in maintenance between a 2017 crf450x
And a 2017 crfrx? Still thinking about buying my buddies rx

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, bajacaat said:

No real difference in maintenance. Oil changes in the RX are a  little more often due to the transmission and engine oil being together and gets dirtier faster.  The X trans oil and engine oil are separated. I came off of a 2007 450X with headwork, cam etc.. Had it since new. Sold it to buy the RX. Both are great bikes.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 10:04 PM, bajacaat said:

For the riding you describe I suggest the basic X over the RX. Great bikes and very versatile.

I hope to be picking up a '17 with 8 hrs on it this week. I'll definitely look at linkage. Hope to put many hours on it.

Let's hear from more guys who have serious hours on this bike with no problems. Curious how many are out there.

I ended up with a 2008 crf450r with 30 hours on it. It’s been an amazing bike so far. Saved a few grand and upgraded all my riding gear

2 minutes ago, woodsguy2000 said:

75 hours, no problem, great bike.

Thank you so much, great to hear. I really am excitied for this bike.

I just bought a leftover 2018 450RX. I rode it down the road and then put it away. It’s cold and crap here in Ontario Canada. Looking forward to an early spring!