JKS Mx 50 are they any good?

I ran across a private sale for  2017 JKS MX 50, I assumed the usual overseas garbage but from the photos the quality of the bike and parts seem to be alot better than the run of the mill Chinese stuff.I checked out their website and it is basic and doesn't give too much info. They carry both air cooled and water cooled models. New they are $1k-1500.  From the photos they look like they are built alot  better than the early KTM,Lems. I noticed they also sell Cobras from the site, street cred I assume.

Has anyone looked one over in person or have any feedback on them. All the info that comes up from googling is from the company ads and  companyYouTube videos.

This may be a good option for some of us that are on a budget and want a fresh bike for our child  or if your child is not ready for a pro sr. But has outgrown their learning bike. I know most reading this think Chinese junk , but you never know when someone(jks) is able to find a manufacturer willing  to spec out what they want and have higher quality control. 

Any feedback is  welcomed

Wouldn't expect them to be on par with Ktm/Husqvarna quality wise.

I'm debating buying one for my son (will be 7 in April)to bridge the gap until he is ready for a 65. He is currently on a '96 ktm sxr 50 it is about the size of pro junior.

Jks sells a model that is LC and about the size of a ktm pro Senior they call it their Pro model it is around $1300-1400. They state 11 hp. 

I have never cheaped out on any toy going back to being a kid spending my paper route $ on bmx bikes, but I just can't justify spending the kind of money the new and newer used Ktm/husky 50s cost.

If anyone has had a chance to see one in person any feedback will be appreciated.

I have not see any or got any feed back from users but here is what I said to one of my best friend who wants to put his 6 1/2 years old son on a dirt bike with no interest in racing (for now). The main issue with used 50 whatever the brand is the maintenance done by previous owners. I bought 5 used 50 (pw, Polini, Cobra) and all of them were junk to me after I disassembled and checked what was inside. My son has not rode any of them before I completely checked and rebuild them ($$$), safety 1st ! People complain the 50s are fragile, we bought a brand new 18 SX50 that has today 75 hours on it and it is still close to brand new, only the clutch cost us some money compare to a big bike. Going with a brand new JKS cannot be worst than a used KTM on the total cost after a year or 2. You will lost if your son get fast very soon and you have to make the jump to a newer KTM / Cobra to be competitive (I don't think the JKS is AMA legal).

So far my friend wife didn't give the GO for a dirt bike so no JKS or whatever may show up soon !  

Edited by texasthierry

I was just getting on here to ask the same question as the OP. I'm hoping we can get some reviews on here. I'm really stuck on what to get my kids. My oldest daughter is 7 and is riding an ssr 70C (bought it for 300 bucks just to see if she would like riding). I'd like to upgrade her bike and give the 70 to the younger daughter, I just cant see spending ktm money for just woods riding so the jsr caught my eye.