300XC Rear Tube Size

Looking for some feedback on what the best tube for my tire size would be. I'm running the stock 110/100-18 Geomax tire, I mistakenly bought the Michelin Ultra HD 140/80-18 tube from Motosport. 

Looks like Michelin only offers the 140/18-18 and a 100/100-18, seems like I should have gotten the ladder of the two. 

Any thoughts, should I go with the 100/100-18 instead?

image.png.1a1eef9d96a17f63e54defbb67979840.png

Edited by StevePalmer1978
added pic

One huge question - what tire pressures are you running and what type of terrain ?

Either tube will be fine - On your next rear tire - I would go with a larger rear tire on the 300 - 120/100-18 or even larger.. I have been running tubes for many years.  Tried Tubliss and wasn't overly confident in it and went back to tubes.  I use heavy tubes - and only use ultra heavy tubes when I know I will be abusing the tires on sharp rocks.   

I live in the North East and run 12 - 14 PSI depending on the terrain.

With Tubliss and tubed tire - it's critical to check tire pressures prior to going out if you haven't ridden for several days..  I run Mitas 946 Ice Soft tires year round - they provide great traction in the Rocks and Roots and wear pretty well - WAY better than the Kenda IBEX ! ...   

1 hour ago, lneil06 said:

One huge question - what tire pressures are you running and what type of terrain ?

Either tube will be fine - On your next rear tire - I would go with a larger rear tire on the 300 - 120/100-18 or even larger.. I have been running tubes for many years.  Tried Tubliss and wasn't overly confident in it and went back to tubes.  I use heavy tubes - and only use ultra heavy tubes when I know I will be abusing the tires on sharp rocks.   

I live in the North East and run 12 - 14 PSI depending on the terrain.

With Tubliss and tubed tire - it's critical to check tire pressures prior to going out if you haven't ridden for several days..  I run Mitas 946 Ice Soft tires year round - they provide great traction in the Rocks and Roots and wear pretty well - WAY better than the Kenda IBEX ! ...   

Yup, I live in Northern NJ so a lot of big rock, fast trails.. I'm a little hesitant to go with a larger rear tire, I like how nimble the bike feels with the current setup. I just wanted the extra HD tube to help avoid flats.. Thank you for the feedback!

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, E-TECH said:

Your overthinking it ... powder it up and put it in there.

Exactly.  UHD is the way to go for avoiding flats with conventional tire set up.

Joe