broberts814

Michigan Harescramble 2019

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC has some great deals on closeout gear.  I got outfits for my self, my boys, and my daughter.  Decent options too.  They are running extra deals for the holidays as well.  

I would check them out if you know your sizes.

My FE501 is stock so it has a spark arrestor and my CRF250X has an FMF Q4 that also has the built-in spark arrestor.  I may add a Q4 to the Husky as well, but the 250X isn't really that much louder than the stock can or my stock Husky.

Ya I have been on that website a few times they have some good deals. I have bought alot of smaller things from rocky mountain atv like tools, oil/ engine, I bought a set of riding gear as well. stuff they have the best deals around.  Holding off until black Friday and cyber Monday to see If there are more deals. I need to get boots and an exhaust next. 

14 hours ago, cmeier said:

Ya I have been on that website a few times they have some good deals. I have bought alot of smaller things from rocky mountain atv like tools, oil/ engine, I bought a set of riding gear as well. stuff they have the best deals around.  Holding off until black Friday and cyber Monday to see If there are more deals. I need to get boots and an exhaust next. 

I've been seeing quite a few used boots on facebook marketplace lately. Some of them in really nice shape. I used to have a hangup about wearing other peoples footwear, but a good fogging with Lysol and you're good to go. Plus they are broke in already. I've always had second hand boots, hand me downs and cast offs, so not until I was 47 years old did I realize that MX boots are a pain in the arse to break in. They're comfy, but stiff as hell. Maybe I'll go hiking in them. :smirk: 

I have been checking out fb marketplace as well. U can find some good deals on there

• Like 1

Getting anxious to see the 2019 schedule!!!  Put the bike away for the winter, as we've got snowmobiles to ride for the next few months and in reality... I'd end up in the hospital trying to ride my new bike in the snow.  

Me too, about 4 or 5 years ago. I miss them for a little bit every year, but not the cost. I kept my gear, now if I want to ride, I will just rent one. Haven't yet, but with my boy getting older, it might be a fun weekend trip. 

• Like 1

i'm thinking we may head up to Wawa, ONT in Feb and rent.  Thrash someone else's stuff and still save money.

More money for bike stuff.

• Like 1

Never really been into snowmobiling. Been out a few times growing up but dont get the snow around here to sink money into it....

Went to magics in clarkston/ Waterford yesterday and bought some gear and a great bag.

I've never run a steering damper on a Honda, but so many people seem to run them on the KTM/HUSKY.

Wawa is great if you get the chance to snowmobile there.  I have heard their dual-sport riding is really good as well in the summer.

Looks like plenty of opportunities to try out a race.  Can someone explain the Sprit Enduro to me.  Not sure if I can last the length of a whole 2 hour enduro?  Thanks

Shorter races. Head to the website Michigandprintenduro.com. I have never raced them yet sound like a blast my uncle was telling me about them. 10-15 min races and you race against time.  Youtube a sprint enduro video it will give you an idea as well. I have been watching them the past few weeks looks like fun 

Screenshot_20181203-081535_Chrome.jpg

basically...Imagine a hare scramble but just doing 1 lap at a time. Maybe a 6-8 mile timed lap on  course 1. Then a short break  then do course 2....then back to course 1...doing each course a few times each. At the end lowest total time wins. Also you start one at a time every 15 seconds. Instead of in a big group like a Hare.