broberts814

Michigan Harescramble 2019

On 11/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, Motodadx2 said:

well, hopefully i'll be hitting a few events in the spring.  I have a 7x16 enclosed that I hope to be able to camp out of at the track to save $$$ on race weekends.

Great idea. Walking around the campers and meeting good folks/families around a campfire is a huge part of the sport. Go for it!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, broberts814 said:

I'll also be attempting my first race(s) this year...  Same boat as some, been about 12-15 years since I've been on 2 wheels offroad.  I just picked up a 2000 YZ250 this past fall.  Rode it a few times before it got too cold out.  Looking forward to spring already!  Hope to meet a few people.  Anyone else have wife/kids they plan on bringing?  I'm hoping this goes well and they can find enjoyment during a day at the track!  I know they kids will at least!

I'll probably have the wife and kids, 11yo 8 yo.

Gonna try to set up my enclosed trailer to at least make it comfy to hang out in. It's a 7x17 inline sled trailer.

Edited by 95silverstallion
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

If I make it out, i'll most likely have the family in tow.  Everyone is either currently riding, or wants to learn more so it would be a weekend camp out for sure.

My plan was to convert my trailer into a bunk house as well so we had something a step up from a tent when we did go.

Edited by Motodadx2
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 10:31 AM, Motodadx2 said:

We are in Garden City now, but looking to move towards 96/23 area.  Either way still S.E. MI.

Check Portland.....about as close as you'll find. S. Lyon area myself.

9 hours ago, sndmn2 said:

Check Portland.....about as close as you'll find. S. Lyon area myself.

Getting a place in Plymouth.  nowhere near where the wife and I wanted to be but it's much better situation for the kids, so....

44 minutes ago, Motodadx2 said:

Getting a place in Plymouth.  nowhere near where the wife and I wanted to be but it's much better situation for the kids, so....

TOTALLY off topic, but if you like sushi, this is the place to go. I'm jealous as hell. 

Right next door to Plymouth.

izakayasanpei.com/

43327 Joy Rd, Canton, MI 

8 minutes ago, RK-REX said:

TOTALLY off topic, but if you like sushi, this is the place to go. I'm jealous as hell. 

Right next door to Plymouth.

izakayasanpei.com/

43327 Joy Rd, Canton, MI 

we will have to check them out.  Our realtor recommended the same place.  

We usually go to O'sushi on Ford and Lilley.

• Like 2

Hello all!

I am planning on doing a mix of a few enduros and hare scrambles next year as well. Last year was my first year riding in the dirt and I want to step it up and do some organized event. I got the bug real bad! 🤣

I live in Oakland County, so if anyone near me is interested in training rides or caravanning to a race I am all in.

-David

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dave074 said:

Hello all!

I am planning on doing a mix of a few enduros and hare scrambles next year as well. Last year was my first year riding in the dirt and I want to step it up and do some organized event. I got the bug real bad! 🤣

I live in Oakland County, so if anyone near me is interested in training rides or caravanning to a race I am all in.

-David

Ya that works I am north of you i live in flushing just west of flint. Plan on doing a mix of the sprint enduros and hare scrambles as well. Bought a bike this fall been a few years since I have ridden. Definitely will be going out to get some practice time in. Prolly march when weathers warms up a little. I am getting pumped

Same here guys!  Getting excited to ride this Spring.  Tough buying a bike in the late fall and only riding it twice then having to put it up for the winter.  I'm ready!!!

I haven't even had it out for a real ride just down around my sub division. I picked it up in late October.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 3:34 PM, cmeier said:

Ya that works I am north of you i live in flushing just west of flint. Plan on doing a mix of the sprint enduros and hare scrambles as well. Bought a bike this fall been a few years since I have ridden. Definitely will be going out to get some practice time in. Prolly march when weathers warms up a little. I am getting pumped

Sounds good! Can't wait for spring!

Now I'm even more excited to try racing this season.

I just picked up a new carb for my XR400. It's a CV carb from a Polaris 500 quad. Many guys here on TT have had good luck with them over the years. It makes cold starts a breeze and they supposedly eliminate the flooding issue when the bike is dropped. With the stock carb, I am looking at a good 20 kicks to get it fired after I drop it. I love the bike in the woods, but the flooding issue is honestly enough to make me not want to ride in the woods. It's even worse trying to restart it if you're already spent from riding. 

The best part is, I will have less than $100 into the set up. A pumper carb is $400, so I figured I'd try this first. 

18 minutes ago, RK-REX said:

I just picked up a new carb for my XR400. It's a CV carb from a Polaris 500 quad. Many guys here on TT have had good luck with them over the years. It makes cold starts a breeze and they supposedly eliminate the flooding issue when the bike is dropped. With the stock carb, I am looking at a good 20 kicks to get it fired after I drop it. I love the bike in the woods, but the flooding issue is honestly enough to make me not want to ride in the woods. It's even worse trying to restart it if you're already spent from riding. 

The best part is, I will have less than $100 into the set up. A pumper carb is $400, so I figured I'd try this first. 

I had an xr100 for a while growing up and that bike was awesome. Very reliable and I was super fast on it in the woods. Ya never fun try to kick over a big four stroke that is flooded. Hope this solves the issue

5 minutes ago, cmeier said:

I had an xr100 for a while growing up and that bike was awesome. Very reliable and I was super fast on it in the woods. Ya never fun try to kick over a big four stroke that is flooded. Hope this solves the issue

Here's a bigger picture. That was my son's first "big" bike when he transitioned from the PW50. First time we rode together on single track, Evart, he had no issues keeping up to me with my new to me 400. After a little over a year riding the 100, he found he could touch the ground on my XR200. Needless to say, the 100 is now a garage ornament, soon to be moved to my living room. (I'm a bachelor, so...) He's a big kid for 13 year old, but the 200 has slowed him a bit, he is learning now how to use the bike/power to ride rather than brute force to manhandle the little 100. That being said, I was very surprised at his ability when he switched to the 200. Good times for sure! Love watching him make progress in his riding ability. 

20170929_164245.jpg

Edited by RK-REX

Welcome new racers. I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I am a member of Valley Trail Riders in Bentley. We have a hare scramble, traditional restart enduro, and Sprint Enduro on the schedule.
This Jan 27 we have a snow ride (with or without studs).
Come check out the property and watch some ice racing as well.
I'm always looking for volunteers to help lay out courses.

Mark

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trashrider said:

Welcome new racers. I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I am a member of Valley Trail Riders in Bentley. We have a hare scramble, traditional restart enduro, and Sprint Enduro on the schedule.
This Jan 27 we have a snow ride (with or without studs).
Come check out the property and watch some ice racing as well.
I'm always looking for volunteers to help lay out courses.

Mark

Definitely will be riding there this year. A little to cold for my liking right now haha

On 11/16/2018 at 5:10 PM, cmeier said:

I have to buy all new gear I haven't ridden and year. What boots r u guys using or recommending. I have been looking at the tech 7 boots 

Personally I love my Gaerne sg10's. The first pair I bought (that I use in the woods now) are going on their 4th year of riding and are holding up nice.

6 hours ago, Munger675 said:

Personally I love my Gaerne sg10's. The first pair I bought (that I use in the woods now) are going on their 4th year of riding and are holding up nice.

Ya my uncle swore by those boots I ended up getting the sidi boots 

21 hours ago, RK-REX said:

• Like 1