O6 RM250 rims interchangeable with an 04 RM125?

Hi all - I've been looking around and best I can tell is that the rims for all the 2k model year RM 125's and 250's appear to be interchangeable.  Can anybody confirm/deny?  Specifically I'm trying to put a pair of 2006 RM 250 rims on an 04 RM 125.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, DiscoJV said:

Hi all - I've been looking around and best I can tell is that the rims for all the 2k model year RM 125's and 250's appear to be interchangeable.  Can anybody confirm/deny?  Specifically I'm trying to put a pair of 2006 RM 250 rims on an 04 RM 125.

Thanks!

I’m positive the fronts the same. But the back probably is different in size.  Double check by going to Rocky Mountain or Motorsport and look up the diagrams for the wheels of the two models.  If they’re the same part number then you’ll know for sure.  

• Like 1

Common practice (for MX bikes) is 1.85" wide rims on 125 2-strokes and most 250F's

and, 2.15" wide rims on 250 2-strokes and 450F's

A narrower wheel lean easier/corners better (some 250 2-stroke off-road / enduro guys actually prefer running a 1.85")

My spare YZ125 rear wheel was a 2.15", I never noticed much difference in handling but recent trends are MX tires that have lower profiles than before.

Many newer 100/100-19 tires like the Michelin (Starcross 5) and Bridgestone (X10) are overstretched when mounted on a 2.15" wide rim.

I ended up switching out my 2.15 rim for a 1.85 just for better tire fitment.

Edited by mlatour