2015 KX450F No start after previuos weekend run good.

2015 KX450F  purchased used with approx. 40-45 hours.

-changed oil/filter

-changed radiator fluid.

-cleaned and oiled air filter

-placed spark arrestor on

-previous owner used Chevron 94 (can't find), I switched to 92, Non-Ethanol  fuel.

-installed hour meter.

Riding 1 hour total throughout the day on a track, says the newly installed hour meter.

Bike ran terrific other than an occasional slight backfire, on deceleration.

Following weekend will not start.

Following the manuals Diagnostic dealer mode, shows continuous blinking-20+ through the launch control, which is not identified in the owners or service manual error code charts.

Pull plug, color looks good, slightly wet from kicking, correct gap, tape to frame, kick over getting weak to no spark.

I’ve check for loose wiring, connectors not fully inserted etc.

Idears?

Thanks,

Ty

Edited by _Ty_

-changed oil/filter
                  -changed radiator fluid.
                   -previous owner used Chevron 94 (can't find), I switched to 92, Non-Ethanol  fuel.
                   -installed hour meter.
Riding 1 hour total throughout the day on a track, says the newly installed hour meter.

Following the manuals Diagnostic dealer mode, shows continuous blinking-20+ through the launch control, which is not identified in the owners or service manual error code charts.
Pull plug, color looks good, slightly wet from kicking, correct gap, tape to frame, kick over getting weak to no spark.
Idears?

Thanks,
Ty
Had this just happen on a friend's 09 kx250f. Ran perfect then went to ride it next week. I just followed the service manual in the electrical section and it ended up being his crankshaft sensor that went out. I would direct you in that direction or the stator. Good luck. I hate electrical.

check your valve clearance - just had the exact same issue on my 2015 KX250F intake valves had no clearance were totally shot. I thought it was electrical but it was valves.  Check valve clearance before you do anything else. Had to get head machined, and replaced only the intake valves exhaust were fine. Bike is back to running perfect.

53 minutes ago, kx450f06 said:
9 hours ago, _Ty_ said:
                 -changed oil/filter
                  -changed radiator fluid.
                   -installed hour meter.

Idears?

Thanks,
Ty

Had this just happen on a friend's 09 kx250f. Ran perfect then went to ride it next week. I just followed the service manual in the electrical section and it ended up being his crankshaft sensor that went out. I would direct you in that direction or the stator. Good luck. I hate electrical.

Hey thanks for chiming in....Ok, by chance did you or your friend run the self diagnostic thing to see if there were error codes? Part of this is why am I getting a constant blinking light that is not part of the error code chart....and I hate electrical as well. hehe...Thanks again.

Edit: come to think of it, I don't recall whether Launch control/self diagnostic mode was around in 2009, seems to me it was 2012. 

Edited by _Ty_

9 minutes ago, roost250 said:

check your valve clearance - just had the exact same issue on my 2015 KX250F intake valves had no clearance were totally shot. I thought it was electrical but it was valves.  Check valve clearance before you do anything else. Had to get head machined, and replaced only the intake valves exhaust were fine. Bike is back to running perfect.

Yep valves are on the list of checks especially for the occasional backfire...but from running fine to not running between weekends? Wow...I had no idea they would be that sensitive. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Hey thanks for chiming in....Ok, by chance did you or your friend run the self diagnostic thing to see if there were error codes? Part of this is why am I getting a constant blinking light that is not part of the error code chart....and I hate electrical as well. hehe...Thanks again.
Edit: come to think of it, I don't recall whether Launch control/self diagnostic mode was around in 2009, seems to me it was 2012. 
Ya your right the 250f weren't even efi they are still carbed. It's was pretty easy to check the stator and crankshaft sensor you just unplugged the harness that ran down to the stator and just tested resistance on the wire that they give you the colors for each thing. I would say with the weak or no spark I would guess this over the valves. But anything is possible.