Engine noise

First bike in a good few years. I am abit concerned about the engine noise, i think its the bottom engine. Its kind of like a scrapping rotational noise. I was told it was a dry baring, but the bottom end is lubricated by gear oil or 2 stroke. the noise doesnt go away when clutch is pulled

Its a 2017 ktm 125 sx

any help is much appreciated

Edited by soulfly83

2 hours ago, soulfly83 said:

First bike in a good few years. I am abit concerned about the engine noise, i think its the bottom engine. Its kind of like a scrapping rotational noise. I was told it was a dry baring, but the bottom end is lubricated by gear oil or 2 stroke. the noise doesnt go away when clutch is pulled

Its a 2017 ktm 125 sx

any help is much appreciated

The bottom end is lubricated by the oil in fuel (pre-mix). It definitely sounds rough, I would tear it down and check the bottom end crank clearance and see if you can feel by rotating the crank if one of the bearings is growly. 

You would need main bearings/seals, center case gasket as well as would be a good idea to do a top-end as well while you are in there. Other parts seals/gaskets of course that is the route I would go.