Weird squealing noise

So I was riding down a small hill on second gear, really low rpms, and my bike just died. The kickstarter got progressively harder to kick, so I pushed it up the hill at my neighbors moto track, and tried to start it and it makes a weird squealing noise coming from the engine. Any ideas? It was being ridden decently hard for a few hours. The engines not locked up.

How were the engine oil and coolant levels after the ride?

Drain the oil and check for debris,

unravel the oil filter's element and carefully inspect in each pleat for metallic particles.

What model/year bike, how many hours on the engine, ever rebuilt ?

On 10/25/2018 at 11:30 AM, mlatour said:

How were the engine oil and coolant levels after the ride?

Drain the oil and check for debris,

unravel the oil filter's element and carefully inspect in each pleat for metallic particles.

What model/year bike, how many hours on the engine, ever rebuilt ?

The oil was good and so was the coolant, when I drained the oil it had some decent sized flakes that stuck to my magnet. The engine hasent ever been rebuilt, I'm not sure of the hours due to the fact it doesn't have an hour meter. 2014 suzuki rmz 250

On 10/28/2018 at 6:24 AM, AustinW53 said:

The oil was good and so was the coolant, when I drained the oil it had some decent sized flakes that stuck to my magnet. The engine hasent ever been rebuilt, I'm not sure of the hours due to the fact it doesn't have an hour meter. 2014 suzuki rmz 250

Sounds like time to split the cases (if it had metal flakes in there or the filter looks like someone mining for gold).