Flywheel for 2010 crf250r

Does anyone know where I can get a flywheel for my bike? The only one I’ve seen that fits the 2010 is a 5oz one and imo there’s no point, I want atleast 10oz but I can’t seem to find one 

Makes for an expensive setup but the 5oz flywheel weight + a 9oz heavy clutch basket would really make a noticeable difference.

https://www.steahlyoffroad.com/honda-crf-250r-2010-2015-flywheel-weight-524

https://www.steahlyoffroad.com/honda-crf-250r-10-15-heavyweight-steel-clutch-basket-494

What type of usage requires you to tame down an MX race engine so much?

(meaning perhaps an enduro bike would be better suited)

EDIT:  okay I remember you from a previous post, either persisting on making a motocross more woods friendly or trading it.

This is great example of the high costs of modification with average returns, a band-aid on what is still a 12K rpm MX race engine.

Comparatively my CRF250X engine has better low end torque and has 12oz heavier aftermarket flywheel,

it's definitively an improvement but it still wants to be revved rather than lugged

as there is only so much you can do with a big bore/short stroke 250cc engine.

Edited by mlatour

Not sure what the cost is for the Steahly weight and basket is but the 11OZ FWW weight was $200 for my 05 and best $$ I spent on my bike and Yes your trying to a make an MX bike into something its not BUT I love my 05 cus she likes to go fast and the FWW makes it a reasonably good bike for tight hard single track. I could have gone heavier :)

2004-2009 CRF250R and all model years of the CRF250X have a wide selection but

unfortunately the R design changed from 2010-on and it looks like a glue-on weight of 5oz is about the only option for them.

(also seems the case of later model YZ250F's)

My earlier post may sound harsh like it's useless to mod an MX'er into a tight woods bike (just my opinion)

but as filterx points out it all come down to your specific terrain and, what you really expect from the bike.

I rode my CRF250X no latter than yesterday and even with a torquier engine, super heavy flywheel,

low 1st gear and steep 13/52 final drive, I always end up wishing it had more off idle grunt for crawling in the rough.

To me, an ultra wide ratio six speed would be so much better suited in the X,

having an even lower 1st for crawling and a super tall top gear to cruise connecting roads at more moderate rpms.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Ya and I use 13/51 sprockets with is OEM and a good compromise and recent but on a 18" rear wheel mostly for more tire options and honestly can't tell the difference from the 19"

Its too bad the 2010 plus changed design cus doing the full FFW replacement on the older bikes where easy and IMO cheap.

Even though I love my R all around now that I ridden different bikes and know how and where I ride, my next bike will be a true enduro bike of some flavor and most likely a plateable 4T but I'm still open to a 2T.

We live in an amazing time for dirt bike options :)