Hells Bells: Devil's Staircase Video, Gifford Pinchot

Damn  That's some good team work!    Thought you might be joining the rolling lost helmet club.....

• Haha 1

welp, you guys are going to pm me next ride right.... because that looks F'n awesome. that Tree looks rough but back in my prime (insert country song) I could pull that off on my xr without putting a foot down. Not today, 200 pounds of 16 years working in a office fat would render it tough for sure!

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

welp, you guys are going to pm me next ride right.... because that looks F'n awesome. that Tree looks rough but back in my prime (insert country song) I could pull that off on my xr without putting a foot down. Not today, 200 pounds of 16 years working in a office fat would render it tough for sure!

Not sure why but cameras somehow make this stuff look much flatter and less sloped than they are in person

another factor riding this obstacle is the weighing of consequences. Long way to truck if something goes wrong

• Like 2

good point, I would pilot that on my xr250 with a lowering link and a soft terrain and deff not my crf450x.

Edited by JRM

9 hours ago, trailrider408 said:

Heres a go from a couple weeks ago.

Nice. You just took the root line and hit it. 

14 hours ago, trailrider408 said:

Heres a go from a couple weeks ago.

Like a boss

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, Leftdagrid said:

Buddy just rode juniper and down Devil's with his feet on the pegs. He was piloting a 990.

Paul Neff?

Not sure why but cameras somehow make this stuff look much flatter and less sloped than they are in person
another factor riding this obstacle is the weighing of consequences. Long way to truck if something goes wrong

Most of it is from tilting the camera in line with the pitch of the trail which makes sense since you’re usually taking pictures of someone on the same plane as the trail. Video is the same; Your head tilts to look up or down the pitch and flattens the terrain on camera. You could keep the camera level to avoid this effect but then it’s hard to capture the action.

15 minutes ago, Wonderspoon said:

Most of it is from tilting the camera in line with the pitch of the trail which makes sense since you’re usually taking pictures of someone on the same plane as the trail. Video is the same; Your head tilts to look up or down the pitch and flattens the terrain on camera. You could keep the camera level to avoid this effect but then it’s hard to capture the action.

It does help to get the camera lower too. My fork cam usually brings the action a bit more to life.