Hi,

So i have been riding a ttr 125 for almost 1 year and am 5’11 173pouds so am pretty much looking for something thats is bigger. So after fiew video and forum checking around i decide to go with an enduro bike. My first choice is a Wr250F but can you guys help me out on what should I take?

Thanks

Type of bike will depend on what type of riding you are doing. Where I live, if you are riding trails, you need to be on a 2 stroke. I rarely see a serious rider in the woods on Oahu on a 4 stroke. However, if you are riding more open trails, desert riding, or mostly dirt roads, then a 4 stroke may be a better option.

I'm biased, but if you get a modern trail orientated 2 stroke (KTM XCW, Husqvarna TE, Gas Gas, Beta etc) you can't go wrong. Super easy to work on, easier to start once warmed up, lighter and less likely to overheat.

2 minutes ago, Alexis4232 said:

Alright so a te 150 would be a goodd idea for me and yes its pretty much hard wood trail where i live so

Honestly, I think in some ways the bigger bore 2 strokes will be easier to ride for you. They have more low end power, so easier to lug on the trails at lower speeds. The 150 likes to be revved out a bit, while fun, can be challenging for a newer rider (unless that's what you're looking for). The difference in size and weight between the 150, 250 and 300's is minimal, and the power of the 250's and 300's aren't that intimidating. The TE and XCW's are tuned to have a nice linear power curve to handle technical terrain easier. Power when you need it, but manageable power...

Alright nice!  Prefer a lot the te250i not premix neded its mixed by herself. One thing is that i find i a little intimidate for me but you know its a matter of a week and your fine!

You'll get the hang of it pretty quick, it's a bike you can "grow" into and it will be able to handle anything you can throw at it. Watch reviews on the Husqvarna TE's and KTM XCW's, they don't behave like a motocross 2 stroke does. If you're buying a new bike, I'd get one that you will keep for a long time, not one that you wish was another model in a few months.

My friend has a TE 150, and it is a fun bike because it does feel a bit more tossable (15? lbs lighter) and does "OK" at low RPM, but the tractor ability of the 300 and 250 at very slow speeds is something else. If you decide to get either the TE or XCW (any cc), let me know and I can give you some advice as I just picked up a '19 300 XCW, the new fuel injection is pretty slick but there are some preventative measures you can do to make sure the reliability can match the carb'd models.

Edited by TheTyLife

On 10/27/2018 at 10:46 AM, Alexis4232 said:

Alright so a te 150 would be a goodd idea for me and yes its pretty much hard wood trail where i live so

Folks like the 150 and 200 two strokes, they are lighter than the 250/300 bikes. But they don't have anything like the same bottom end torque, so you must be in correct gear all the time, and most of the time, you have to rev it and be on the pipe. A good rider can make them fly.

Most normal riders find a 250/300 two stroke to be a lot easier to ride because they have a wide powerband.

Premix is really not an issue, but the big Beta, KTM and Husqv's have oil injection so you just buy gas and fill up the oil tank, just like a four stroke (they burn a little bit more, but still can go 500+ miles without thinking about the oil.)

• Like 1

God 500miles ! So now am looking for a 2 stroke enduro wich i prefer from the instant powerband over the 4 stroke ! Will future look for a 250

Edited by Alexis4232