What dirt bike should I buy? Electrict or Gas

I always wandered what dirt bike is better. It depends on the quality, there can be pros and losers dirt bikes. Also, a lot of people wanted to see what dirt bike is lighter.  I was searching it on the Google. I found a lot of opinions and facts. A lot of researches showed that electric dirt bike is faster and lighter. So, electric bikes are better than gasoline ones.

If this is a serious thread there’s really not many electric dirt bike companies and the main one isn’t doing so good might go out of business. Get gas now, in the future maybe electric

• Like 4

The only electric one I know of is the KTM Freeride E-XC, and it's not quite a dirt bike, and weighs 245 lbs and can go maybe 30 mins all out.

It's gas cousin is the KTM Freeride 250R, produces about as much power, and weighs a little over 210 lbs all fluids in.

Alta RedShift MXR is 260 lbs and puts out 55 hp, designed to go against the 350 bikes. KTM 350sx weighs about 225 lbs all fluids in and puts out about 55 hp.

The other electric "dirt bikes" from other unheard of manufacturers are niche bikes not fit for competition.

Give it time, the electric bikes right now are more a xr400 rather than a yz400f in the 90’s, its there, but not competitive enough to take away the candle. When technology advances, it might have a chance to take away the gas bikes, for now, id rather prefer to fill up mid-race than change a battery🤣