Lectron carbs

Has anyone ever put a 2017 ktm 300xc lectron hv carb on an earlier model 2012-2016. Is there a way to make it work? I can get one for dirt cheap and I have a 2012 ktm 300xc

8 hours ago, Tj_311 said:

Has anyone ever put a 2017 ktm 300xc lectron hv carb

There's no such thing as ^ ^ ^ that type of Lectron carb specifically "KTM Lectron Carb".

Lots of people have put one of the newer Lectron on their 2012 and thereabout vintage bikes. After some time, they'll either like them or they won't. Hopefully the ones that don't will still have their OEM carb.

14 hours ago, Tj_311 said:

Has anyone ever put a 2017 ktm 300xc lectron hv carb on an earlier model 2012-2016. Is there a way to make it work? I can get one for dirt cheap and I have a 2012 ktm 300xc

Yes, like Keihins, Lectrons are generic with the exception of the metering rod.  It will fit, however verify the rod is correct with Lectron, if not they will be happy to sell you another rod.

FWIW, I HATED my HV Lectron.  Good luck!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, motocrotts said:

FWIW, I LOVE MY HV LECTRON. GOOD LUCK!

Lol, touche!  I loved my 38 Legacy on my 200, the HV on my 250 was a bust...for me.  Glad yours is working out.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:05 AM, poldies4 said:

Lol, touche!  I loved my 38 Legacy on my 200, the HV on my 250 was a bust...for me.  Glad yours is working out.

I think the HV's need more airflow. Mine was kinda meh on the 18 300 and running rich and splooging until I opened up the air box and put a power core 2 exhaust on it. 

• Like 1

Do everything that Slavens recommends. We did the 4-2 m needle . Leaned it 1/4 turn from the way Slavens shipped it.

We have RK Tec head for 4000+ feet. V force 4 . Opened the airbox. Stock pipe and silencer. 

Jetting is always very good . No loading up no lean . Clean crisp and fast. High altitude and hot to low altitude and cold . It runs better over all than any other set-up Except Keihin with the STIC . That was a rocket on steroids . Bottom was blubbery but from 1/8 throttle ... HANG ON !  George has done some changes since and we installed it in a 36 Keihin on a Beta 300 . This bike runs clean from bottom to top and is very quick vs struggling with stock jetting when the weather changes . Not with the STIC though . It don't care what the weather or altitude is ...at least with our mediocre swings . 

As far as the Lectron on the 17 KTM couldn't be happier with the power delivery with no fiddling. 

My opinion that the older bikes should run very close to the same with a HV from Slavens.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:02 PM, Tj_311 said:

It will fit and work. 

All the HV means is a tapered bore. See Bernoulli's principle. The older non-HV is a straight bore. Keihin carbs have been modded this same way for years prior. 

Research the Smart Carb bore and see that TE's owner has a PhD in Fluid Dynamics. The bore of the carb body is more dynamic than Lectron. I recommend the Smart Carb over the Lectron if we are giving the OP unsolicited advice. 

Edited by KTM753
  • Like 1