Well, I did it. Bought some Italian stuff.

After a long and arduous process of selling off what bikes I had and saving up some cash, I put a deposit down on two bikes. This year has been a good one for the industry I am in, and profit sharing played a big role in this decision. 

2018 Xtrainer

2018 300RR

Both moderately loaded with protection and rekluse clutches. Both coming plated for the little street legal need we have here and there. Bikes should be home by 11/3, and going to strip them down to go over bolts, pivot points, electrical connections etc and install all the stuff I bought on them. First new bike for me since my 2006 WR450, and first new bike for the wife since her 2008 CRF250X. I'll get some pics up once we have them home, pretty excited for the next chapter of our riding years. Think we are going to try to ride a lot of new places in the coming years so might be seeing some of you when we get out your way. 

• Like 14
  • Helpful 1

23 hours ago, redhurricane said:

Forgot to add that if the Beta Demo tour has a 200RR by the time they get to Colorado in December and I can ride it, fairly sure I am going to add that one to the list- daughter wants one now. 

What a great husband and father!

• Like 1

Congrats on the new bikes!  My XT has become my favorite woods/singletrack machine.  Also find it a blast to try out on my trials obstacles.  That slightly smaller stature, lighter weight and smooth, low end grunt gives a lot of confidence.  

• Like 2

Already finding some issues, not real happy about it. Xtrainer has a scratch in the swingarm, the spark arrestor mufflers have light scratches, and someone (assume the factory) cross threaded the lower right side radiator bolt to the frame. the zinc plating on all the fasteners is very coarse. Not good zinc plated stuff. Got most of the protection mounted (BPD gaurds, skid plates, pipes, hand guards, etc) and will dive into the rekluse install on both bikes this coming weekend. 

Bikes were well greased everywhere I looked. Suzuki needles will be here in a few days and I will sort out jetting. Going to give both bikes some break in time in 3 weeks at Johnson Valley and report back. Wife putted around the neighborhood and LOVES the XT. She about killed me when I tried to go ride it before she did. She also got a brand new Yamaha MT-07 yesterday as part of the package so she is quite happy right now, 4 bikes came home. I got a 2015 FJ09 to have some street fun with. 

image.png.7ffb35ad476a3439c5ad0c244571abe9.png

image.png.3d2e9e36e9c0ed8fded7a998f0adc74f.png

• Like 2