Well, I did it. Bought some Italian stuff.

Already bought the EE skid plate and linkage guard. If she kills the pipe we may just go the route of the FMF Gnarly. I can't bring myself to purchase any of the integrated skid plate/pipe guards like Emperor or P-tech. FUGLY. I'll just spend more money on pipes with her. LOL

Inaugural ride is in 2 days at Johnson Valley- if she can manage to keep it intact for that, I have high hopes for more money staying in my pocket. 

• Like 1

TT Addict, I see you are in Colorado (so am I) and I am considering the 500 (I have a DR650 and VFR that need to go). How was your dealer experience and would you mind sharing where you purchased them? Feel free to private message me if you like. BTW, the graphics on the your wife's bike are killer. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Husky sold Monday night,  so Tuesday morning at 10 am called the beta dealer in Henderson nc to make sure no one got the 300 re yet. Signed and paid today. Should arrive next week hopefully.  Going to get all protection parts by next weekend to put it all together.  Looks like you fellas will be getting tired of me. Sorry  not. I'll post some pics when I can.

• Like 2

Not to hijack but where in CO are you? My nephew is moving to Co Springs next week, so I'll have a base camp for some riding out there. I've never ridden there and have no idea what's available other than Taylor looks to be a few hours away.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 5:41 PM, redhurricane said:

If she kills the pipe we may just go the route of the FMF Gnarly. 

Let her try the Gnarly anywhere! The motor has a different charakteristic than, which fe I dont like! Test a xt with gnarly, when yoe see one!

8 hours ago, GP said:

Not to hijack but where in CO are you? My nephew is moving to Co Springs next week, so I'll have a base camp for some riding out there. I've never ridden there and have no idea what's available other than Taylor looks to be a few hours away.

I am north of the springs by about 2 hours. If you come out theres some stuff nearby to ride in divide. I might know where some good stuff is. 

Edited by redhurricane

Plenty of trails really close to the springs. 717 in divide, Captain Jack's, and Rampart are some really good places to ride that are really close. 1/2 hr to 45min depending on what part of town you're coming from.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GP said:

Other areas I did not mention, if you are out here in the summer and all within a reasonable drive- Sargents and Rainbow Trail areas provide a LOT of world class riding. Steamboat (Hahn's Peak area) to the north, Grizzly Helena, Rand, Even west of Fort Collins the Donner pass/Killpecker trails are worth riding.

• Helpful 1

Tomorrow is the day I pick up my 300re. My buddy shot me a pic and I probably won't sleep tonight. Gotta work till noon and then it's on baby. Damn I'm excited.  Probably take couple days to get the giggles out and put all my parts on. Yall are probably going to get sick of me. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

42 minutes ago, Edgecombe said:

Tomorrow is the day I pick up my 300re. My buddy shot me a pic and I probably won't sleep tonight. Gotta work till noon and then it's on baby. Damn I'm excited.  Probably take couple days to get the giggles out and put all my parts on. Yall are probably going to get sick of me. 

Take bike home and baptize it in rotella. Maybe find Baptist church that will loan you their tank. This will fix electrical connects, shoddy grease from factory, lubricate the main bearings, and prevent counter shaft seal leaks too. I'd prolly remove the seat tho first. Super tech 10w40 dunk may also work. ?

• Haha 2