Cr 80r died and is a no start

So i went out today for a little ride after work bike was running fine no issues Then about 30 minutes in the bike suddenly started to bog out and loose power as i was coming around a turn. Tried kicking it over nothing, bump started it down a hill it started for a second then same thing happened. It had gas didnt make any weird sounds of catastrophic failure. but i realized something was wrong so i began the 2 mile walk of shame out of the woods. Got it back to my house pulled the spark plug was definetly running too lean but what got me worried was the debris around the plug. Bike has not even 12 hours on the top end i replaced it early last year and havent had a problem since. Still had good compression i even tested it when i got back. Ordered a new plug figured i would start with that before i begin tearing it apart. i attached a pic of the plug hopefully you guys could give me some advice. Thanks

20181026_172826.jpg

Rather than pulling the cylinder head off, first have a peak thru the exhaust port.

With the piston's skirt, ring and back of the cylinder visible, you'll be able to judge if any further disassembly is required.

Either it ran lean because of the fuel delivery problem (petcock)

but also perhaps due to colder ambiant temps. (late fall weather) which would require a tad richer settings.

Perhaps your choice of premix oil has a incidence on the ash deposits.

Edited by mlatour

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 7:14 PM, mlatour said:

Rather than pulling the cylinder head off, first have a peak thru the exhaust port.

With the piston's skirt, ring and back of the cylinder visible, you'll be able to judge if any further disassembly is required.

Either it ran lean because of the fuel delivery problem (petcock)

but also perhaps due to colder ambiant temps. (late fall weather) which would require a tad richer settings.

Perhaps your choice of premix oil has a incidence on the ash deposits.

Took a look in the exaust port cylinder look fine almost brand new achually nothing chipped or messed up on top either gonna play around with the jetting and see where that takes me. But your definetly right about the bike running leaner now with the colder fall wheather coming in. Thanks for the help

• Like 1