17 KX 450 Revalve/linkage review.

I just got my suspension back from Precision Concepts. I decided to stick with the air fork as I felt the shock was the problem.

The air forks work very well IMO. The bike just didn’t feel balanced from front to back in the whoops and rough stuff.

I installed the Ride Engineering linkage and it made a world of difference. I highly recommended that. It just sticks in the little bumps and the big sand whoops. I would also say it corners a bit better as well.

The suspension difference is huge coupled with the linkage. Precision concepts did a great job!

I took a chance on the air fork with a revalve and it was worth it to me. If your on the fence with the whole spring conversion give the air fork a chance. You might save a little dough and be happy in the process.

The only thing limiting me with this bike is my right hand. It just needs to twist the throttle more. It’s a much better package now.

So you didnt have any valving done to the shock? Just the linkage and thats it? And from what i see in RE website, its just the “performance link” and not the complete link assembly? 

I do like my air forks on my 17’ but am going to send them out for the skf glide kit and a re valve. 

I thought they lengthened the pull rod for 2017. I guess it wasn't enough. I also have had good luck with the air fork. I have the pressures that work for me and just keep a log of clicker setting for different track/terrain conditions. Real good fork for me. Just be sure to change the fork oil in the air side more often since there is only a bit of oil in the inner chamber (25ml i think) which lubricates the piston seal. It gets dirty quick and effects the action of the fork.

• Like 1