04' CRF50- need this pilot jet

Hi all. This little pilot jet is usually the problem if your 50 wont start,idle, or poor throttle response- its got the smallest holes in the carb and first to clog. With a light touch you can twist it out of the carb. This is not evident on the schematic though but you pretty much have to take it out to give it a good clean. Well I have done that a million times and I use various guitar strings to clean the orifices which works great. This time I poked out insert you see in the first picture(the jet on the right). Yeah, i popped that out and lost it. Maybe when i blasted the carb cleaner through the other end it shot out. 

Anyway, I went to a honda dealer and they dont sell that part since its not supposed to come out. The carb rebuild kits I have seen dont include it either. Anyone know where to get just the pilot jet? Have a part number or link? I can buy a new Honda carb but its $100!! Or, any recommendations for an aftermarket carb on an all stock 50.

image.png.6ee7f3988a47ff80fd13969922e7079c.pngimage.png.e4b76e2cfc528430fd216b0bb2bb4ddf.png

Exactly. It popped out somewhere in the driveway. I think when I tried to spray carb cleaner through it.

You can't get just that piece. Like the dealer said, it's not supposed to come out. It's pressed in. 

Soaking the carb in carb cleaner for a while, then blowing it out with compressed air cleans that stuff out just fine. 

Maybe when you get a new carb, you should try that, then you won't lose vital parts. 

You might try Ebay to see if there's anybody selling a used OEM carb for parts for cheap

Thanks. It looks like some of the carb kits include the idle jet but they look a bit different. Is this correct?

Thanks. It looks like some of the carb kits include the idle jet but they look a bit different. Is this correct?

I will check one of the replacement carbs I have in the garage tomorrow to see if they use pressed in pilot jets also.

Alternatively, what if I just replace the whole carb? There are 15 to 25$ carbs all over the place. Do these run ok on little 50's or should I stick with OEM?

There are a lot of posts on here of guys talking about using the Chinese Ebay carbs without issue. From what I've read, you won't get 100% performance of an OEM, and jets aren't exactly the same. But I believe it'll run fine

I followed up on that with K&L. They do have press in jets but they could not find one for the 50. Thanks

Edited by dubya j