18 years

Glad to be back as a bonified DRZ believer. After 18 years of the greatest enduro in the world and still going strong I am glad to have recently purchased the 2004 dr z400s. My question is after 18 years of success with this bike do you experienced/veteran Zer's still consider the 3x3 approach still the  most efficient exahaust/air and jetting mod the way to go.   Are the most optimum dimensions - 3x3 - still the best route for a little bit of extra power. I know this subject has been beat to death as well but I'm just wondering if after the test of time (18 years of  the Z's production) if the 3x3 approach is still the best approach for the mod.

IF SO , I'm getting it done... WHAT do I need to order. AND I hate to admit it but I am passing on the parts to someone I trust to install them professionally. I know I know, But hey , I 'll do everything else. Most importantly RIDE!

Thanx 

Wazzamatta, retired life make your hands soft?  JD jetting kit, extended mixture screw and a good air filter.  I can vouch for the MRD exhaust, makes jetting, cams and bigger carbs all the better.

Best in that its a known result that works. So in that "Best" yes, the 3x3 air box mod, a James Dean or DJ jetting kit and a free flowing exhaust is a "best" known good combo 
Any bike can be better maximized with specific tuning to it, area and how used.