2017 250 SXF Woods Bike

This is my first dirty bike that I got a good deal on. I know its not set up for the woods. What changes would you guys suggest changing to make it a better woods bike for New England riding? 

Tires, gearing....ect

Suspension, bibs, skid plate, fww, maybe rekluse, bark busters, linkage guard, rad fan, rad guards, brake guards, if youre doing single track cut down the bars

This is my first dirty bike that I got a good deal on. I know its not set up for the woods. What changes would you guys suggest changing to make it a better woods bike for New England riding? 
Tires, gearing....ect

18” rear wheel/tire, suspension will be stiff so, depending on your weight, may need altering, fan not necessary but would help, skid plate, and may need sprocket change.

Sprocket is first ,it's way over geared std ,even for Mx some go to 13 t front

Got the bark busters and skid plate so far.

What gearing would you recommend? I was thinking 13/50 for starters.

Going to look into 18in rim and tires soon.

I'll also soften up the suspension .Few clicks back on the compression and maybe play around with the rebound.

Depending on your size weight and skill it might be almost good enough for you as is. I wouldn’t bother with an 18” rim. I don’t think it makes that big of a difference. Definitely go up a tooth or two in the rear or maybe down one in the front. 250f makes a good woods bike. Ride it and play with the suspension then adjust and fix what you don’t like. 

3 minutes ago, SeanM327 said:

Depending on your size weight and skill it might be almost good enough for you as is. I wouldn’t bother with an 18” rim. I don’t think it makes that big of a difference. Definitely go up a tooth or two in the rear or maybe down one in the front. 250f makes a good woods bike. Ride it and play with the suspension then adjust and fix what you don’t like. 

I'm debating the switch to an 18 myself, but I rode a pretty rocky area (just once so far) and survived without issues at 12psi.  what i don't want to do is get a tubliss for the 19 then switch.

i suggest a skidplate with a linkage guard built in.  if you don't get one of those, get the fastway linkage guard.  expensive, kind of heavy, but worth it for the just in case factor.  of course I only have one because the PO of my bike had installed it.  :D if it didn't have the linkage guard, I would put the skidplate with guard on definitely.

Edited by Kallendbor

I thought the 19 was prone to getting flats a lot easier going through roots, rocks etc ...

But I guess I'll give it a go and see what happens.

I git the skid plate already but not sure if it has the linkage guard on it.