GG--TORROT

Just now, Piney Woods said:

Any chance they fill the void left by Alta?

That's a good thought, since they are already involved with the electric bike business, seems it would be a chance to expand.

Gas gas /torrot could , they already have a dirt bike /enduro platform, but honesty I think them and electric motion are more interested in trials and commuter bikes then all out performance bikes

I hope not. Alta went under for a reason. I’d hate for a newly owned/revamped motorcycle company to throw a bunch of money into that hole and have the same thing happen. Especially with how awesome their new bikes are. 

Until there are HUGE advances in technology I just don’t see many people wanting an electric bike, especially in the enduro scene. People who test rode Alta were claiming a huge lack in power after only a short time of riding. 

After what happened to Alta and how anybody who owns an Alta is basically S.O.L. now, I don’t think many people will be interested in a new company putting out electric bikes. I sure as hell wouldn’t buy one. 

I hope GG stays away for now and just continues to grow with their “new” enduro bikes and trials bikes. 

• Like 1

fwiw, Alta had backorders for 300 bikes when they closed. Still think getting tied up with Harely Davidson was their biggest problem.

• Like 1

fwiw, Alta had backorders for 300 bikes when they closed. Still think getting tied up with Harely Davidson was their biggest problem.
I think Eric Buell would agree with you.

My buddy has 2 of the Torrot mini's.  They are awesome bikes.  Eventually electrics will come along.  The world is moving in that direction. 

• Confused 1

Who knows where gasgas and Alta are financially. We can guess. Gasgas barely came back. Good thing Torrot came along with money and better management etc... but then no one really knows how strong Torrot is and if they can sustain some stability to stay around a long time. It’s a new venture into the motorcycle world. Wish them well. Everyone took for granted Alta was doing good watching the bikes do well in straight rhythm and coming in 3rd in endurocross. So everyone is shocked that they have stopped producing. Husky  Cagiva went under and Ktm painted their bikes white and blue taking over. No one really saw that was really going to happen either.  It’s a huge amount of speculation to see Alta and Torrot together because Torrot has some small electric bikes ?

On 10/28/2018 at 12:36 PM, MixinGasKickinAss said:

I hope not. Alta went under for a reason. I’d hate for a newly owned/revamped motorcycle company to throw a bunch of money into that hole and have the same thing happen. Especially with how awesome their new bikes are. 

Until there are HUGE advances in technology I just don’t see many people wanting an electric bike, especially in the enduro scene. People who test rode Alta were claiming a huge lack in power after only a short time of riding. 

After what happened to Alta and how anybody who owns an Alta is basically S.O.L. now, I don’t think many people will be interested in a new company putting out electric bikes. I sure as hell wouldn’t buy one. 

I hope GG stays away for now and just continues to grow with their “new” enduro bikes and trials bikes. 

Earlier gasgas were great too.. just different. I liked the 2011 and earlier bikes more though. Alta has been kicking ass and showing their bikes can compete with traditional dirt bikes. Of course electric bikes all have the batteries running low thang but so are electric cars..just got so much time before needing a charge. The cool thing is the quietness.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

20 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Who knows where gasgas and Alta are financially. We can guess. Gasgas barely came back. Good thing Torrot came along with money and better management etc... but then no one really knows how strong Torrot is and if they can sustain some stability to stay around a long time. It’s a new venture into the motorcycle world. Wish them well. Everyone took for granted Alta was doing good watching the bikes do well in straight rhythm and coming in 3rd in endurocross. So everyone is shocked that they have stopped producing. Husky  Cagiva went under and Ktm painted their bikes white and blue taking over. No one really saw that was really going to happen either.  It’s a huge amount of speculation to see Alta and Torrot together because Torrot has some small electric bikes ?

No speculation here about Torrot acquiring Alta. I was wondering about Alta extending their product line from the base they already have. I see batteries as the only hindrance.