Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
TigerTanker

South Puget Sound winter men’s club: Wednesday riding

Who would be interested in participating in a weekly riding club? Meet at 1pm and ride until dark, then dinner and drinks afterwards in Belfair?

no obligation to show up, but the idea is to get people to schedule this into work/career or retired and have a group of guys to ride with etc

This is what a typical golf club does and is very popular. 

Perhaps we can incorporate some fun challenges, skills contests, learning events, team events?

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Like 2

ooops i did not read this right,i did not see Wednesday in the tittle. My fault sorry

Edited by Eric72
did not read

If you go riding in the middle of the week at belfair you may want to unload somewhere more public and ride to it. The parking there is a haven for tweakers+car break ins in the middle of the week.

• Like 1

If you go riding in the middle of the week at belfair you may want to unload somewhere more public and ride to it. The parking there is a haven for tweakers+car break ins in the middle of the week.
Leave 'em in Safeway's p-lot. Ride a short bit to Sand Hill Rd. Ready....Go!

Just now, bowhunter007 said:
24 minutes ago, Vsack said:

Leave 'em in Safeway's p-lot. Ride a short bit to Sand Hill Rd. Ready....Go!

Can you do the same from that park down the road if you have a Disco pass?

Been riding weekdays for the last 4 months 2 or 3 times a week. Parking at the elfendal staging area. Zero problems.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Been riding weekdays for the last 4 months 2 or 3 times a week. Parking at the elfendal staging area. Zero problems.

Just east of orv parking at elfendal is a parking area right next to road. It gets a fair amount of traffic. I tend to park there and no problems. The more traffic going by the better. 

• Like 1

There is a parking area on the corner of belfair/tahuya rd and elfendahl that would be a pretty secure place to park mid week. There are quiet a few residents that use belfair/tahuya rd plus there are school buses that use that road as well. Kiddie corner to the parking area i am talking about is a trail that runs into the mission creek trail head.

• Like 1

Our men’s club can do some trail work while we’re at it too. Tree removal, water diversion, loppers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Our men’s club can do some trail work while we’re at it too. Tree removal, water diversion, loppers. 

I have some tools and experience for those tasks.   I also know a safe place to stage at on nearby private property, but you need the owners permission and his dog has to like you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have some tools and experience for those tasks.   I also know a safe place to stage at on nearby private property, but you need the owners permission and his dog has to like you. 

Love Beau or Bowe or Bow or Boeoh

Hey, ThumperTalk new guy here,

My buddies and I typically ride Tahuya mid-week all year round, and I'd definitely be in for Wednesday night rides.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, Vsack said:

Naaahhhh…..I and several others have been riding out of there on week days for a long time and zero issues. I however, do not recommend parking just off the highway at mission creek trail head. That is where you invite the tweakers to stop by. You are just going off of heresay Steve and not actual experience.

Joe

Edited by trailmeisterjoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Naaahhhh…..I and several others have been riding out of there on week days for a long time and zero issues. I however, do not recommend parking just off the highway at mission creek trail head. That is where you invite the tweakers to stop by. You are just going off of heresay Steve and not actual experience.

Joe

Dave had his truck broken into on Hurd. I think parking alongside elfendal is safe because of steady traffic and visibility. 

Joe, you able to schedule Wednesday off?

8 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Dave had his truck broken into on Hurd. I think parking alongside elfendal is safe because of steady traffic and visibility. 

Joe, you able to schedule Wednesday off?

I get some of them off, but days off vary.  Will stay on this.  First one tomorrow, or you guys going trick-or-treating?

Joe

Edited by trailmeisterjoe
  • Like 1

I am in if I don't go to AZ for the winter. Will know in two weeks. Also . Starting at 1p in the winter only gives us about 3 to 4 hours before dark. Can we start a couple hours earlier ? 10a ?

50 minutes ago, Russ Henry said:

I am in if I don't go to AZ for the winter. Will know in two weeks. Also . Starting at 1p in the winter only gives us about 3 to 4 hours before dark. Can we start a couple hours earlier ? 10a ?

Retired guys could, but this opens it up to working guys so they can put morning hours into the office. Model works well at golf clubs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

I get some of them off, but days off vary.  Will stay on this.  First one tomorrow, or you guys going trick-or-treating?

Joe

Start mid November