TigerTanker

South Puget Sound winter men’s club: Wednesday riding

1 hour ago, KaToomTime said:

Yep, what you really need to be prepared for is the stop, especially the injury stop where all of sudden someone is gonna be sitting 2-3 hours until they get hauled out.

I'd just shoot them and put them out of my misery. 

3 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

I'd just shoot them and put them out of my misery. 

Are you saying we should have just put a bullet in your 300 up on Divide Ridge? 🔫

• Like 1

Just now, KaToomTime said:

Are you saying we should have just put a bullet in your 300 up on Divide Ridge? 🔫

It was a consequence I would have had to accept. The mission must continue... fortunately you had supplies to overcome the adversity. Forever in your debt. 

Just now, TigerTanker said:

It was a consequence I would have had to accept. The mission must continue... fortunately you had supplies to overcome the adversity. Forever in your debt. 

Good thing it was mostly downhill

Wednesday snow day at Tahuya, probably a fair amount of double track in snow with sunshine. All experiences welcome!

Meet at Noon, sharp. Sand Hill

FBFA764E-1C22-4EB8-9E13-1D54DFF1D444.jpeg.a606415807daab0f8cd0dd44b6824e6a.jpeg

• Like 2

I will keep updating the the snow amounts out here. Another 4" -5" just fell this evening. There predicting another two snow events between now and Wednesday. 

• Like 1

I will keep updating the the snow amounts out here. Another 4" -5" just fell this evening. There predicting another two snow events between now and Wednesday. 

Thanks for the updates! If this snow lasts much longer we may see a yeti or two venturing down from the north. Be careful out there.

I don't think we are riding Wednesday.

It just put down 6 more inches in the last 3 hours and it's still coming down.

IMG_20190211_162202517.jpg

• Like 1

Turning to frozen rain here in Tacoma area, trees weighing down. Hope it doesn’t do what it did some yrs back. 

20 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Turning to frozen rain here in Tacoma area, trees weighing down. Hope it doesn’t do what it did some yrs back. 

Want to trade? This is on top of two feet already. 

Capture.PNG

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It's raining here on my part of Whidbey, most of the snow is gone from the streets and the roofs.
Too bad there's no place to ride here. 

Whidbey would be an incredible place to ride! Someday.. when electric dirtbikes rule the world.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, guns_equal_freedom said:

It's raining here on my part of Whidbey, most of the snow is gone from the streets and the roofs.
Too bad there's no place to ride here. 

You can take the ferry to Port Townsend right? Ever gone out to Sequim? I' haven't, but the word is that the riding there can kill you. Sounds like a place I'd like to go...

I was looking at the Belfair forecast, looks to be snowing still? I guess if it's too much, we'll have to cancel tomorrow

15 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I don't think we are riding Wednesday.

It just put down 6 more inches in the last 3 hours and it's still coming down.

IMG_20190211_162202517.jpg

What you think, is it doable tomorrow at Tahuya or?  

27 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

You can take the ferry to Port Townsend right? Ever gone out to Sequim? I' haven't, but the word is that the riding there can kill you. Sounds like a place I'd like to go...

I was looking at the Belfair forecast, looks to be snowing still? I guess if it's too much, we'll have to cancel tomorrow

What you think, is it doable tomorrow at Tahuya or?  

As of now I don't think so. The roads getting there should be ok but the amount of snow on the trails? Anything more than about 8" it gets pretty hard. With the melting there could be some very deep frozen puddles that would be extremely dangerous. 

I could drive out there in the morning and take a look. I know I'm not going to try it. I don't think I could get my bikes to my truck . I have a 100 feet of 20 inch deep snow to get through.

• Like 2

Yeah my house is at 700+ feet we have had over 24" fall since Friday. With the warming and consolidation maybe 16" on the ground. This last cycle dumped about 12". It's 31.9 degree type of snow. Super heavy and dense now.

4 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

You can take the ferry to Port Townsend right? Ever gone out to Sequim?

I have done some dual sport riding out that way.
Nice area.

4 hours ago, HHey said:

Whidbey would be an incredible place to ride! Someday.. when electric dirtbikes rule the world.

Back in the late 80's you could still ride dirtbikes on DNR land on Whidbey Island until it was transferred to Island County.
Most of the old trails on the Kettles land and by Fort Casey were made by motorcyclists in the 60's and 70's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, guns_equal_freedom said:

Back in the late 80's you could still ride dirtbikes on DNR land on Whidbey Island until it was transferred to Island County.
Most of the old trails on the Kettles land and by Fort Casey were made by motorcyclists in the 60's and 70's.

You got that MX track tho